• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by SouthernRailway

I saw Hickory Creek come through Riverdale this afternoon. I need to be more proactive and get a ticket to ride in it next time!
  by Train2009

SouthernRailway wrote:I saw Hickory Creek come through Riverdale this afternoon. I need to be more proactive and get a ticket to ride in it next time!
I caught it there too in Riverdale.
  by Train2009

Heads up for tomorrow Friday 10/27 (Nice weather) and Sunday (Wet weather) as per username Rob Benkovitz from New York, NY on trainorders.com, NYC - 3 will be on Amtrak train #69 from NYP to it's last stop in Montreal on Friday. It will head back to NYP on Sunday's train #68.
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/ ... ?4,4403953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Gilbert B Norman

From TownePlace Suites Fredericksburg VA--

Messrs. Train 09 and Vogel, glad you were able to get out yesterday, for the weather today is to be "the pits".
  by jhdeasy

PV photo opportunity:

There will be 12 private cars on train 50(31) from Huntington to Washington.

PASSAIC RIVER and ALEXANDER HAMILTON on train 43(03) New York to Pittsburgh; return to New York on train 42(05).
  by Train2009

Train #43 of this morning which it left NYP had "NYC 3 Portland" and train #42 had Ohio Central private car "Sugar Creek" headed to NYP.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Vogel's immediate posting had me recollecting a photo essay by Robert Frank that appeared in a 1955 issue of Fortune magazine:

Here are some of the photos; Mr. Google can find more:

https://www.icp.org/browse/archive/obje ... n-formerly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by chuchubob

COLONIAL CRAFTS was on train 43 Pennsylvanian on Saturday and should be on train 42 today.
B&O MOONLIGHT DOME was added to train 147 to Roanoke on Saturday. MOONLIGHT DOME went from WAS to ROA on Friday, round trips Saturday and today, and will return north on Monday.
PV CANNON BALL is on track 9 at Washington Union Station.
  by andegold

While boarding NER 156 in WAS on Sunday 11/12 I saw Moonlight Dome against the bumper of our track. It looked like it was hooked up to the train but perhaps it wasn't. At the time I anticipated an extended stay in Philadelphia for it to be switched off but we were in and out of 30th Street very quickly. I guess it was just hanging out in the station.
  by chuchubob

andegold wrote:While boarding NER 156 in WAS on Sunday 11/12 I saw Moonlight Dome against the bumper of our track. It looked like it was hooked up to the train but perhaps it wasn't. At the time I anticipated an extended stay in Philadelphia for it to be switched off but we were in and out of 30th Street very quickly. I guess it was just hanging out in the station.
MOONLIGHT DOME arrived from Roanoke on train 156, laid over, and returned to Roanoke on train 145.