• Trains in Douglas, MA or Uxbridge, MA?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by sienany01

I'm looking for a good viewing area to bring my 2 yr old son to see trains. I was brought up in the Berkshires where you could always find or hear a train rumbling through. Any suggestions. I hear a lot about the P and W line. Can you tell I'm new to this? I'm new to the Douglas area. Thanks
Matt

by Robert Paniagua

Thera are indeed some P & W trains in your area, mainly in the Providence area.

Also, there is Franklin-Forge Park/495 into Boston with MBTA/MBCR Commuter passenger Rail, which feature EMD F40 PH, F40PH2C and GP40MC Locomotives, coach and cab cars, some built in the early 80s by Pullman-Standard (200-series) then overhauled 1995-97, also Merchermittz (MBB) 1500-series cab cars which during rush hours they are open (mainly off-peak they are closed off).

Also, MBCR sports new Kawasaki Bi-level cars (700 and 1700 cab series), built 1990-present.

by SnoozerZ49

Hi Matt:

If you are looking for a place to sit for a while with your son and watch the trains go by, try the commuter rail station in South Attleboro. It is located off I-95 behind the Shaw's Supermarket.

In the Uxbridge are, the P&W line from Worcester to Providence sees most of its action at night unless you can catch one of their frequent passenger trains that are advertised in the Worcester Telegram.

Finally a lot of people enjoy sitting at the old Amtrak Station at Worcester. The parking lot is convenient to the main line and offers a pretty good view of the action.

I don't know what time the P&W trains pass through Webster on the Norwich line maybe somebody else can help you with that.