• Train stores in Albany NY

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by LIRR272

Hello,

I will be in Albany NY next week and wondered if anyone knew of local hobby shops to go to.

Thanks
  by snitkofj

There is a shop on Delaware ave, 346. I've never been in, just driven past.

In Schenectady, there's Mohawk Valley Railroad Co 2037 Hamburg St. Haven't been in in several years, but was always a good shop
  by umtrr-author

JP's Trains in Latham. A partially converted house (you come in through the back) with a fair amount of HO Scale and some N Scale. Haven't been there in several years but at last visit saw a number of out of production items. Prices below MSRP in some cases if I recall correctly.

Also, he's open on Saturdays and Sundays (except in summer) according to the latest info in the Model Railroader Dealer Directory.

277 Troy-Schenectady Road (Route 2). Left side of the road when going eastbound (away from Albany). Google Maps says that Grove Avenue is the closest cross street on the left.