Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Idiot Railfan

The PATH train I rode between Hoboken and 33d Street blew past 14th and 23d this morning, with no explanation.

It was a train that arrived in 33d about 9:47 a.m. It was not particularly crowded, nor were the platforms. It left a lot of confused and miffed passengers looking for the way to backtrack.

In 20+ years of regular PATH commuting, it was the only time I have ever seen a train skip a stop (not counting the weeks after Sept. 11).

Anybody know why they did this?

by JLo

I've skipped 9th once. There was "police activity" on the platform.
  by Ken W2KB

Idiot Railfan wrote:The PATH train I rode between Hoboken and 33d Street blew past 14th and 23d this morning, with no explanation.

It was a train that arrived in 33d about 9:47 a.m. It was not particularly crowded, nor were the platforms. It left a lot of confused and miffed passengers looking for the way to backtrack.

In 20+ years of regular PATH commuting, it was the only time I have ever seen a train skip a stop (not counting the weeks after Sept. 11).

Anybody know why they did this?
PATH will do that if there is a medical emergency on the train, or if activities of a passenger on the train warrant police attention. The train will proceed nonstop to where the police are so the passenger cannot easily escape.

by arrow

About a year ago we skipped 23rd St. They told us at 14th that we would not be stopping at 23rd, but did not give a reason. This was during the morning rush hour too. Other than that, I've never seen a train skip a stop.