• Train in Bird in Hand

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Pcc rules

While on vacation in Bird in Hand Pa there were some commuter trains running behind the inn. Since I am not from the area can someone tell me what line these trains are
  by MichaelBug

Most likely you would have seen an Amtrak Keystone Service train. SEPTA doesn't operate revenue service west of Thorndale.
  by JeffK

Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?
  by ekt8750

JeffK wrote:Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?
They only have to qualify out to Parkesburg now. Back in the days of service to Parkesburg, they had to qualify as far out as Lancaster (in fact there was a run in the midday that required that train to deadhead to Lancaster to turn back due to scheduling).
  by khecht

While I suppose it’s possible SEPTA could stretch the legs of the new ACS-64s on test runs that far west, I don’t think I’ve seen any reports of the first of the fleet in testing or engineer training on the rails yet.
  by CNJGeep

ekt8750 wrote:
JeffK wrote:Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?
They only have to qualify out to Parkesburg now. Back in the days of service to Parkesburg, they had to qualify as far out as Lancaster (in fact there was a run in the midday that required that train to deadhead to Lancaster to turn back due to scheduling).
Crews must be qualified as far west as CALN, just west of Thorndale.