• Tonight 11pm, Ch. 5 ABC, handicapped and the T

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by jscola30

I saw something on ch.5, the local ABC outlet, there will be something on ch. 5, on the 11 pm newscast, there is a feature on the handicapped and the T, i don't think I will be able to watch it, but if anyone's interested...there's the info.

by CJ

Yeah, it was not very informative, talking about how at any one time elevators and escalators can be out of service, and how drivers pass people in wheelchairs saying 'there is no room on my bus, my lift is broke etc'

But then they talked about since Dan became the GM, things have improved, however they made it seem like the T was the bad guy.

IIRC isnt the T spending around 400 million for new low floor, wheelchair accessible buses?, not to mention the Type 8's, all just for people in wheelchairs.

Yeah, the T has a ways to go, but there spending hundreds of millions on trying to get there, but nobody talks about that!