• Technical Question

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by F40

When I click on the AIM button for each user's contacts, the window freezes and IE shuts down. Is this a technical error or does the AIM button not work?

by TAMR213

AIM button works for me.

by arrow

Works fine for me too. Maybe you need to update your AIM?

by JLo

Maybe he just has bad AIM? Sorry, couldn't resist.

by arrow

lol

by nick11a

JLo wrote:Maybe he just has bad AIM? Sorry, couldn't resist.
:groan: :wink:

by Notch 8

BOOO!

by F40

I appreciate the humor but I need help with the AIM button. The IE window still freezes after I click it. It says: IE has encountered a problem and will close.

Or, anyone who's willing to share their AIM screen name may do so. That would also be appreciated. Thank you. :)

by AKelley728

F40:

What version of AIM and IE are you using?

by F40

IE Version 6.0 and AIM Version 5.5.

by GandyDancer

Peter:

Did you recently update your IE 6 to Service Pack 2? (Check under the Help menu in IE - About Internet Explorer to see if it says anything about xsp2).

There are some security patches in there that can affect AIM (and some other network things) under Windows 2000 and WindowsXP.

You may need to remove and re-install AIM to fix the problem.

by Jtgshu

If you wanna get the screen name of the person who you want to contact on the AIM button, just put your cursor over the link for the AIM and look at the bottom of the screen at the status bar, I believe its called, where it will show you the link of what you are going to click on. In the link itself is the s/n of the person you want, then just open AIM and type in the screen name.

I would do that instead of messing with IE or AIM - god knows what could happen to the stupid computer then - talk about opening a can of worms-------

by F40

Thank you guys for the insightful help. :wink:

by F40

Btw, Irish, I changed my sn from the F40 to GP40 4209. Could you change that in the profile? Thank you.