Railroad Forums 

• Surviving equipment

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1632151  by arthur d.

There's an old thread in here , " Surviving B&M equipment" or some such title, that would be a good start. Bob, whose last name I can never spell, of Bobs Photo fame did a couple of picture books with rosters, but I don't. remember if he listed dispositions. And finally, the B&MRRHS has published several stories / rosters over the years in their magazine " B&M bulletin". You might try them for copies.
 #1632550  by arthur d.

Thanks for adding that and reminding me , is there another car nearby? I was cruising around up there more than a few years ago and remember seeing what I thought was a six axle heavy. Maybe this is that car and a case of foggy memory on this end,
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1632551  by arthur d.

Someone with way too much free time should go through this thread and create a condensed list of the survivors.
 #1632958  by hillsboyro

You're the man Jeff!!
 #1632972  by arthur d.

Jeff Smith wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:00 am I’ll do one but don’t expect it right away lol.
I'll say the same. I Could go through one page at a time as time permits and boil things down to just a list of survivors. Might free up some server space. As you say though, not right away.
 #1636113  by arthur d.

May as well add the Waterville wreck train since CSX has donated it:
200 ton crane, B&M. 3365, Industrial Brownhoist 1929
Flat car B&M 524
Tool and cable car MeC 546
Cable storage car MeC. 545
Crew car. B&M 309
 #1636117  by jwhite07

Another to add to the list - in December 2023, CSX donated MEC Russell snow plow #82 to Downeast Scenic Railroad. It was moved over road from Northern Maine Junction to Washington Junction for preservation.