• SU-100 for 6/9/05

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

Through Warwick at 9:45 AM

NYSW 3012
SIXX 47
RRPX 78

Big train, mostly trash cars.... when is NS going to fix the track in downtown Warwick? Some spots dip 4 inches at the joints.... thought the Alcos were going to rock and roll off the tracks by the station.... and that's at about 10 MPH...

by washingtonsecondary

Maitenence on that section of the Teir is scheduled for the 12th of Never.

by njt4172

washingtonsecondary wrote:Maitenence on that section of the Teir is scheduled for the 12th of Never.
And to think that hot shot intermodel trains go over that section of track now......

by David Hutchinson

I remember when NS took it over from CR and resurfaced from Campbell Hall to Warwick... now, the NYSW south of Pelton Road is in better shape.

by trainfreak

Yeah i know what your talking about by the station. I have video of 3 SD40T-2's and one SD40 rockin and rollin through there...scary to see especially with the trees hitting the tops of cars and locomotives.

by washingtonsecondary

njt4172 wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:Maitenence on that section of the Teir is scheduled for the 12th of Never.
And to think that hot shot intermodel trains go over that section of track now......
You forget though, these are CSX hot shots. Why should NS care?

by njt4172

washingtonsecondary wrote:
njt4172 wrote:
You forget though, these are CSX hot shots. Why should NS care?
Well they are supposed to be hotshots....When they go via this routing they become slow and ordinary......

Steve

by David Hutchinson

SU-100 for Friday, 6/10/05, just came through Warwick:

SIXX 41
HATX 516 (ex B&M GP40-2)
NYSW 3020
NYSW 3010

Yes, mostly trash cars.......