• Strates Shows Train

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by railfaned

Today at 12:45pm the Strates Shows Train was highballing southbound thru Wildwood FL. Their schedule shows that it was coming from Tallahassee. It does't show any other shows in Florida. Is their home base near Tampa? I usually see general freight, Tropicana, gravel auto-carriers, coal or oil trains in the 12:00pm thru 13:30pm time frame, so the strates train was a surprise.
  by v8interceptor

Until I read your post I was under the assumption that the only Entertainment company moving their operation by rail in the modern era was Barnum & Bailey...
Thanks for queuing me in..
.http://youtu.be/HQc9nsdHC7o

I do wonder about the Strates train in the video posted above though;why are there so many "bare tables"(empty flatcars) in the consist?
  by mmi16

My GUESS-

There may be some equipment that for Strate's reasons may be better driven over the road between the origin and destination for this particular trip; but on most other trips the equipment is on the train.