• Station maps

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by TrainTraveler792

Does anyone know if CDOT or someone else has either old blueprints or maps of the various NHRR stations? I'm looking for Westport. I have old blueprints for New Rochelle so figure they must be out there somewhere.

Thanks!
  by Ocala Mike

Don't know how far back you want to go, but I would remind you that for many years the official name of the station stop was "Westport and Saugatuck." Might (or might not) help in your search.
  by TrainTraveler792

Thanks - the "Westport and Saugatuck" station sign was even reproduced when the westbound station was renovated in 2004/2005 - and still confuses lots of people. If you live in town, it's Saugatuck and if you don't it's Westport. Easiest way to tell a local from a visitor.
  by TomNelligan

The University of Connecticut library acquired a large amount of New Haven RR historical paperwork, including valuation maps from the early 20th century with detailed track and structure information. You might find something useful there. You might start with this link.

http://images.lib.uconn.edu/
  by Otto Vondrak

TrainTraveler792 wrote:Does anyone know if CDOT or someone else has either old blueprints or maps of the various NHRR stations? I'm looking for Westport. I have old blueprints for New Rochelle so figure they must be out there somewhere.
I'm interested to learn more about your New Rochelle blue prints...
  by TrainTraveler792

Otto -

Sorry, for some reason I didn't see this.

I double-checked and my mistake - the blueprints are for the Rye, NY station c.1957. Not real interesting stuff - working copies done for contractors for what I think was the new (1957 or so) southbound station.

I found them on eBay and thought (hoped) they were better.

I'm waiting to hear from UConn to see if they have something better.