• Station in Andover

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by darksun23c

When I was driving underneath the Haverhill branch in Andover, I noticed what seemed to be the remains of a station right past the bridge over the road I was on: MA - 133, or Haverhill St. I tried to get a closer look at it, but it seems to be behind private property. This is in the northern part of Andover, near I - 495. Does anyone have any info on this station?

by Aerie

If the station was up on a little rise...next to a factory...right at the bridge over the road...that is the Shawsheen Village station. I've never understood why commuter trains don't stop there any more (I think they did in the 70s or 80s). I guess because it is on private land and there is no parking available.

by mersk862

My father used to work in Brookstone Square when I was a youngster (scary thought - that was 15+ years ago!) and he would occasionally bring me to his office on a Saturday, where he'd catch up on some work and all I would do is stare out the window waiting for a train to pass by. Last I remember (I drive by there pretty much every night I'm in the Boston area, so I'm driving by it probably about 75 times a year or so on 133 going from Andover to North Andover), there are some signs still up there and it looks like the station could be reopened eventually, but I sincerely doubt it. I would kind of hope that they might do something like the Mishawum station, where maybe they could do a reverse commute train that uses the Wildcat branch and hits both Shawsheen and Mishawum, but sadly, in reality, I know that isn't gonna happen...