Railroad Forums 

• SRNJ - Southern Railroad of New Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1600148  by Bracdude181

They might have more stuff parked north of there, unless they got rid of it by now.

I’ve been hearing SRNJ hasn’t been doing well financially. They no longer serve A&E stone in Pleasantville nor do they run to Winslow Hotmix anymore. In addition, they have lost part of the Salem Branch to SMS recently.
 #1600170  by planespotting

Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:45 pm Before I forget, here’s the location of equipment I mentioned in my earlier post. No idea if it’s still there.

39°40'20"N 74°50'18"W
I have no idea either. No way to check out that location without trespassing (I don't do) or using drone (I don't have). I did see that Google Maps aerial shot still has them there but not sure the date of that image. Here is screen grab.

https://imgur.com/a/CkMieKV
 #1610837  by Bracdude181

jdh823 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:47 pm Man, SRNJ is sure good at scaring business away.

I'm shocked they can stay afloat.
For this to come forward I guess we are missing some context.

That said, I have heard SRNJ has a long history of scaring people away…
 #1616067  by NY&LB

acquire by lease and operate over approximately
0.12 miles (634 linear feet) of track, located between mileposts 56.99 and 56.87 on the
Pleasantville Branch Line in Atlantic County, N.J., owned by J.P. Rail.
634 FEET !!!!!!

For what?????
 #1616073  by Bracdude181

Supposedly MAG wants to open a small transloading station at the west end of the Pleasantville IT. I guess the 634 feet is the amount of track they need for their purpose?

So far they haven’t had much luck. I’d say put it somewhere else but the CMSL is out in the boondocks and I doubt Conrail would be much better at servicing them than the SRNJ.
 #1616087  by Railcar1

Speaking of SRNJ, are they no longer in the stone business for good? Haven’t seen any stone cars around in a long time, even the small cuts they were getting. I wonder if there was an issue with NS cutting the unit trains they ran or an issue with A&E Stone?