• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

Great stuff...........cold frosty beer on tap in 8 months! ;-)

Charlie
  by SecaucusJunction

I notice the Strates Carnival train is getting close to Newark, DE on it's way north. The next show is in Wappinger Falls starting May 4. Can I assume it's on it's way to Middletown?
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote:I notice the Strates Carnival train is getting close to Newark, DE on it's way north. The next show is in Wappinger Falls starting May 4. Can I assume it's on it's way to Middletown?
I would think the CSX River Line to Kingston or Haverstraw would be more likely. Plus I would rather have it come up on a Sunday on my line, hopefully coming in Mid-June as usual
  by Matt Langworthy

charlie6017 wrote:Great stuff...........cold frosty beer on tap in 8 months! ;-)
I'll take a mug of porter or stout.
  by SecaucusJunction

waldwickrailfan wrote:
I would think the CSX River Line to Kingston or Haverstraw would be more likely. Plus I would rather have it come up on a Sunday on my line, hopefully coming in Mid-June as usual

According to their GPS on the site, it is almost to Ridgewood Junction.
  by Marty Feldner

It went to Middletown for unloading- rubber tire ride to Wappinger's over I84; cars to be stored stored at Middletown (M&NJ) and the Harriman Industrial. Long Island after this show, then Orange County Fair in July. Word is the rail cars will stay here through the end of the O.C. Fair, July 29.
  by oibu

what looked to be tie and /or surfacing work was ongoing at Sparrow about a month ago, and about 10 days ago the equipment was all tied up on the yard track there. Not sure if it was MNCR/NJT or NYS&W work though.
  by SecaucusJunction

I believe it was MTA/NJT work that you saw. I know they replaced ties from Sparrow to BC a few weeks ago. Someone said it was work left over from last year.

Has anyone seen any more track work going on east of Binghamton? The end of April is upon us already...
  by Autoblock

Don't quote me on this but track work should begin very soon. One of my buddies is on the tie gang for Tartaglia and said they have been called back to duty for the begining of May. As i have said before NYS&W have dropped replacement rails all over the line and the track was strength tested and analyzed last week. So on NYS&W's part it has begun.
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote: Has anyone seen any more track work going on east of Binghamton?
There is new rail on the outside of track one under the Wyckoff Ave. Bridge in Waldwick,NJ.
  by Steve F45

Autoblock wrote:Don't quote me on this but track work should begin very soon. One of my buddies is on the tie gang for Tartaglia and said they have been called back to duty for the begining of May. As i have said before NYS&W have dropped replacement rails all over the line and the track was strength tested and analyzed last week. So on NYS&W's part it has begun.
NYSW has dropped new rail, where? Anything east of Port Jervis is all NJT work. I highly doubt it has anything to do with NS plans.
  by northjerseybuff

May is here and work has begun..the trains will be here soon! I am buying the first round!
  by charlie6017

My camera will be ready!
  by SecaucusJunction

Chief, I saw that inspection truck (or one exactly like it) driving down Route 17 in Paramus when I was in that area the other day. I guess they completed their job.

Has anyone seen any other signs of life along the line this week such as inspections or rail replacements?
  by blockline4180

Some say, yes SOME, that 2 through trains shall be traversing the Eastern Tier within months!!! What trains?? I have no idea,..... What month???? Don't ask me, but leave that for the "others" to decide!!!