• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by waldwickrailfan

charlie6017 wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:i cant chase it friday, leaving for south jersey late morning. however i will catch a photo of it in Waldwick. i will post the photos.
That would be wonderful, definitely appreciate it. I will take whatever I can get! ;-)

Thanks!
Charlie
if you want, i could also catch the strates carnval train that leaves Middletown,NY this Sunday. i will catch that.
  by charlie6017

waldwickrailfan wrote:if you want, i could also catch the strates carnval train that leaves Middletown,NY this Sunday. i will catch that.
Thank You, that would be great! I never have railfanned anything on the "Tier" east of Binghamton just because of the lack of movement, and I live near Rochester--several hours away. If everything comes to fruition, I plan on taking multiple road trips to catch action on that end. I hope it does as there is so much to see!

Thanks again!
Charlie
  by SecaucusJunction

waldwickrailfan wrote:
if you want, i could also catch the strates carnval train that leaves Middletown,NY this Sunday. i will catch that.

I don't think the carnival ends until Sunday. It probably won't come east until next week.
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:

I don't think the carnival ends until Sunday. It probably won't come east until next week.
they have another show up in NY state, near Binghamton. http://www.strates.com/event_schedule.htm scheduled for Elmira,NY August 2
  by SecaucusJunction

I believe the essentials get trucked up to Elmira for that show with the train following later.
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote:I believe the essentials get trucked up to Elmira for that show with the train following later.
do you (or anyone else) know when the train will make the trip to Elmira, or another show?
  by K4Pacific

The Elmira Chemung County Fair uses Strates small set up with the train "leap frogging". to Hamburg in time for next week.
  by K4Pacific

Also, why is everyone so quiet about Levin's PV train Friday? Let's get out there and enjoy it.
  by sd80mac

K4Pacific wrote:Also, why is everyone so quiet about Levin's PV train Friday? Let's get out there and enjoy it.

K4Pacific...

I saw OCS on Roankes' webcam last friday. do u have any idea where it went? it appears to be a FULL train, which I WOULD ASS-U-ME that it had all f7a/b on it
  by K4Pacific

Latest on Friday's trip of Bennett Levin's E8's and 8 PV - Hoboken to Gang Mills and Bath is taking the side of caution on NJT and be into Port Jervis @10AM and Binghamton @ 2PM. That would mean Elmira 3:30, Gang Mills 4-4:30, then Bath by 6ish. LAL/B&H Alco's are probably pulling the train to Bath so E8s can head out Saturday morning.
  by waldwickrailfan

i remembered everything yesterday for the carnival train, except a camera. i got some bad photos on my phone, and i cant find the thing for the computer to upload it. i will remember the batteries for the camera too. i will actually go get those things now.
sorry Charlie, i'll try to find the thing for the computer, i will definatly get the E8's in Waldwick.
  by charlie6017

Thanks Buddy!

Hey, If I had a dollar for every time I had meant to grab my camera, or saw something great and realized I didn't have my camera to capture it over the years, I would possibly have enough cash to have a seat on tomorrow's train! ;-)

Thanks again!
Charlie
  by waldwickrailfan

charlie6017 wrote:Thanks Buddy!

Hey, If I had a dollar for every time I had meant to grab my camera, or saw something great and realized I didn't have my camera to capture it over the years, I would possibly have enough cash to have a seat on tomorrow's train! ;-)

Thanks again!
Charlie
found it! will upload a few pictures from the carnival train later.
  by waldwickrailfan

rr.net is not allowing me to upload my photo here, i will try to post on rrpicturearchives.net and provide a link ASAP.