• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by blockline4180

century430 wrote:Dare I askthis question: How much worse can it get for the east end of the Tier?

JR

Today is the big "meeting" day!! Ha
  by K4Pacific

Now Steve,

Lunch is served. Easy does it.
  by northjerseybuff

any news from the meeting?
  by century430

Inquiring minds want to know what went on yesterday, if it can be made public. New trains out of the Ports going to Buffalo? Conrail Shared Assetts is taking over NYSW? Status quo? Going to double track the Erie all the way to Ohio????

I'm being silly with some of those but seriously, any newsworthy updates?

Jim Rowland
  by poppyl

Well, if the past is a prologue of the future, unless there is something "really big" involved in all of this (like a corridor designation or significant capital improvements at Bison/Croxton), I don't think that we will hear/see a lot of advance publicity from NS. As an example, I'd point to the stack trains running to Mechanicsville -- if I remember correctly, K4 picked up on the new traffic just shortly before they began running. NS is pretty good at holding its cards close to the vest but if and when the new traffic materializes, the grapevine will let us know.

Poppyl
  by century430

Either the meeting that went on last Wednesday was a sleeper or the info is top-secret. Guess we'll have to wait and see what 2011 brings.

JJR
  by blockline4180

century430 wrote:Either the meeting that went on last Wednesday was a sleeper or the info is top-secret. Guess we'll have to wait and see what 2011 brings.

JJR

My guess is 2011, will bring status quo, at least for the Eastern Tier! Sorry if I'm being a realist!
  by SecaucusJunction

I'd be somewhat shocked if we're in the exact same position 365 days from now as we are today. I think our "railroad man of the year" Wick Moorman has something up his sleeve.
  by K4Pacific

Ill have a report shortly. I'm waiting on attribution of two pieces before we go forward.
  by Champlain Division

Tracking this thread.
  by JoeCollege

Champlain Division wrote:Tracking this thread.
Ditto. And with great interest. C'mon K4, let's get some real good scoops here buddy.
  by K4Pacific

A report is coming very soon. But in the meantime, did anyone catch the 3 NYSW SD70 coming west and home on SU99 tonight? Let me know where they got parked tomorrow morning.
  by pumpers

K4Pacific wrote: But in the meantime, did anyone catch the 3 NYSW SD70 coming west and home on SU99 tonight? Let me know where they got parked tomorrow morning.
There was a Yahoo groups report that yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon they were next to the shop building in downtown Binghamton. JS
  by sd80mac

What is NYSW's intention plan with these 3? It would be nice if they put them on their trains...