• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by oibu

Other than the ultimate purpose/outcome, there is nothing "vague" about the money that has been spent on track nor about who's white trucks those were. I'm not fueling any rumors, I'm just telling it like it is. Yes, I wish I knew more about the "why" behind the "what" too.
  by SecaucusJunction

But as was said earlier. There was an individual requalified along the line to train the crews east of Binghamton. They would have to be moving along sometime soon or the qualification would run out....
  by Autoblock

There has been recent evidence that Norfolk is planing on running the line that i cant disclose for fear of losing my job. It is a small little piece that most of the crews didnt even notice but points that NS possibly has plans on taking back control of the line, when this will happen is anyones guess and pure speculation a this point.
  by K4Pacific

OK. How many railroaders do I need to buy beers for?
  by mainetrain

No need to buy me a beer but I'd like to attend
  by northjerseybuff

K4-I had a slight change of plans. I won't be able to attend on 1/1/13. I will catch up with you next time I'm in Binghamton.
Have a safe NYE. 2013..still feels like 2006!
  by charlie6017

Been holding off for a bit to make completely sure, but my perpetually cranky back/neck isn't
going to be allowing me to make a long trip right now. I'm sorry guys.......I know I was one of
the guys talking this up. Maybe a later date and a bit warmer weather will benefit me. Take
it from me--having arthritis issues sucks. :-(

For those who are going to go, please have a great time and drive safely! :-)

Charlie
  by SecaucusJunction

I think we need a full investigation of this mystery train through skinners before we decide who needs to buy anyone beers........
  by malfunctjct

SecaucusJunction wrote:I think we need a full investigation of this mystery train through skinners before we decide who needs to buy anyone beers........
Wasn't an NS train....Not 13T, not an M3T....
  by northjerseybuff

SU 99 went west last night
  by charlie6017

Okay, thanks MalfunctJct. I also read something on one of my Yahoo lists about some movement. Like
NorthJerseyBuff said, it must have been the SU-99.

Thanks!

Charlie
  by northjerseybuff

SecaucusJunction wrote:I think we need a full investigation of this mystery train through skinners before we decide who needs to buy anyone beers........
Apparently some employees are pranking buffs into believing the 12t/13t are coming. Hopefully others didn't fall for this trap! lol
  by northjerseybuff

Have you heard any of these things lately? This post is from 4 months ago...no sign of trains yet
I am curious to know if that manager really was qualified down to Port late last summer..I am beginning to wonder if someone planted this information to us fans. Kinda like that mysterious 13t calling out skinners. I think we've been punked
SecaucusJunction wrote:Well we've heard that NS is starting a crew pool from Binghamton to Croxton; we've heard they've given a 30 day notice of a new crew pool to their union and the NYSW crew union. We've heard that they've given notice to NJT about new through freights on the line. We've heard that there are now managers qualified over the Delaware Division who are going to train crew members at the end of these 30 days. Now we've even heard rumblings of power switches and welded rail going in west of Port Jervis. What more could we really ask for I guess... You have to figure that something will happen in within the next 6 months or so or the qualifications will expire and they'd have to start all over again.
  by malfunctjct

Oh my gosh NJB. Relax! How many times do you need to be told? You keep making these posts because nothing has happened and there is no news. Information isn't being shared because employees can get fired or in trouble. You DON"T know what has or hasn't happened! So stop trying to stir up trouble.

I am not putting my paycheck on the line to hand out info.
  by charlie6017

malfunctjct wrote:Oh my gosh NJB. Relax! How many times do you need to be told? You keep making these posts because nothing has happened and there is no news. Information isn't being shared because employees can get fired or in trouble. You DON"T know what has or hasn't happened! So stop trying to stir up trouble.

I am not putting my paycheck on the line to hand out info.

I almost wish Otto would throw a lock on this until there is actually something to talk about. Seriously,
probably half of the posts in this thread are "bitch & moan" posts about why nothing is happening yet!

I mean, damn........I would like to see these trains run myself, but these people rely on NS paychecks to
put food on their tables, but clothes on their families backs and shoes on their feet and homes to live in!

The point is, "My GOD. Relax!!! This is beyond ridiculous!

Charlie