• South Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

CA51 just left Camden and they called for clearance to CP BART on the Beesleys Point Secondary
  by Bracdude181

That’s in Pleasantville so Southern Railroad of New Jersey would serve it. No idea they wanted a construction waste transfer station there…
  by Dcell

Seems like a very positive project, getting trash trucks off the highways.
  by Bracdude181

I mean, it takes trucks off the road in the areas around the landfill I guess. But at the same time the article says 200+ trucks are going into this place daily. I can see that causing problems unless the trucks aren’t going into the place constantly.
  by JohnFromJersey

230+ trucks a day averages out to around 10 trucks an hour. I doubt they will have trucks going 24/7, so it's more like at least 20 trucks an hour/1 truck every 3 minutes.
For those concerned if the project will benefit the local community, 230+ trucks a day are driven by hungry truckers. Hopefully there are some nice restaurants nearby

Looks like SRNJ will have some nice constant business, very good for a shortline
  by Bracdude181

CA-51 will be leaving CP Brown once CA-11 has passed. CA-51 has CSX 4450 and NS 5223. Unsure of how many cars but I do see tankers and intermodal garbage cars…
  by Bracdude181

CA-11 Had CSX 1707, CSX 8828, and NS 5307 for power.
  by Bracdude181

CA-51 has permission to operate on the Beesleys Point Secondary both directions between CP Brown and CP Bart.

Approaching CP Brown 2:00PM
  by Bracdude181

CA-51 went onto the Vineland Secondary then shoved back onto the siding at CP Brown.

CA-64 is now passing them…

Edit: CA-64 had NS 5302 and NS 5640. They went past to go down the Vineland Secondary. Unsure of where they are going.
  by Bracdude181

It would appear that CA-51 is being held up due to a broken switch motor. Updates to follow.
  by Bracdude181

CA-51 Entering the BEES at 2:54 PM

Edit: They did not take the tankers and garbage cars with them.
  by Bracdude181

MI-61 Northbound out of Millville Yard 4:15 PM

NS 5278 and 5279 with about 20 cars.
  by Bracdude181

Correction: They actually had about 30-40 cars. Was focused on chasing when I made that last post.
  by JohnFromJersey

Currently hearing a train pass through Rowan University just after 5:30. I don't know a whole lot about this line, but how often do trains come by? I always hear them but I've rarely seen them, I believe they tend to have 40 or so cars pass through, usually led by 2-3 NS engines.
I'm assuming this is CR's Vineland Secondary? Does anyone know anything about the schedule etc?