• Source for Toronto or A.M.T. decals

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by jetfan

Hello,
I would like to know if anyone knows of any sources for A.M.T. or Toronto decals in either HO or N scale. I am most likely going to have to end up having to custom print them, but if something exists, it can save me some time. Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.
Joe
  by SLR 393

I would like N scale AMT decals myself but haven't found any. Have you asked on the Canadian modelers yahoo list?
  by jetfan

SLR 393 wrote: Have you asked on the Canadian modelers yahoo list?

I am not familiar with them. The Toronto decals were of a higher priority, so I am just having them printed up. Thanks for the response.
Joe
  by jetfan

Jim at Highball does excellent work, we used to use them a few years back. The downside was that his decals would rub off the sheets when handling them occasionally. We use Microscale exclusively now for all of our decals as the quality is top notch. I needed the Toronto logos urgently in N scale for a large project and was hoping to shave a few weeks off the turnaround time. Thanks to all for the suggestions, it is appreciated. We went with our tried and true method - Microscale.
  by cnj1524

We tried to locate for you joe but its john wayne time as always,there might be 1 place in canada there an overland brass
dealer,http://www.modeltrains.com good luck by the way PL42 drives ready yet?
  by jetfan

Thanks Brian. The drives should be here any day.
  by Montrealrail

Athearn made a model from AMT and for Toronto trains,in the right paint scheme..
I put a picture of my AMT set

If you deal with Udisco Hobby,you can buy one from AMT and for GO-Transit..
http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/index.htm

and the funny thing,some old GO-Transit F59 are now in AMT paint scheme.

another model we can do in HO
  by SLR 393

I am hoping Athearn will do their F59phi and bombardier cars in N Scale, and that we can get some AMT decals in N.
  by Dieter

We answered this in another thread; there's a supplier in the Montreal area, I will try and dig it up later.

You ask for "Toronto" decals. Are you looking for TTC decals for traction or "GO" Government of Ontario markings?

D/
  by jetfan

I was looking for the TTC logos for the Rocket. Thanks for the replies, I had to get rolling and needed several hundred sets, so I went with Microscale .