• So what do we call the railroad anyway?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jewsontrack

B&M? GUILFORD? Pan-am? I just cant bring myself to call it Pan-Am railways because it does not operate anywhere near the equator..

by Noel Weaver

I don't know about the rest of you but it is still the Boston and Maine or
Maine Central to me.
Noel Weaver
  by SPACEMONKEY

Will always be the B&M to me too!

by Guilford Guy

B&M forever

by Rockingham Racer

I call it a sad excuse for a railroad.

by pnolette

Can only be Boston & Maine!

Peter B&MMEC

by mick

It's Springfield Terminal Railway, that is still the official name.

by GP40MC 1116

mick wrote:It's Springfield Terminal Railway, that is still the official name.
Ive noticed on the Guilford Website alot of addressed for the different personel are still listed for ST and some are for Pan Am Railways.. Why is their all different addresses when the e-maik addresses are all @panamrailways.com? And i thought the company's name itself was now Pan Am Railways An ex of what I mean is below:

D Gordon, Eng. Dept.
Springfield Terminal Railway Co.
High Street, Iron Horse Park
No. Billerica, MA 01862

David A. Nagy, Executive Director Safety & Training
Pan Am Railways Iron Horse Park
No. Billerica, MA 01862

by b&m 1566

GP40MC 1116 wrote:
mick wrote:It's Springfield Terminal Railway, that is still the official name.
Ive noticed on the Guilford Website alot of addressed for the different personel are still listed for ST and some are for Pan Am Railways.. Why is their all different addresses when the e-maik addresses are all @panamrailways.com? And i thought the company's name itself was now Pan Am Railways An ex of what I mean is below:

D Gordon, Eng. Dept.
Springfield Terminal Railway Co.
High Street, Iron Horse Park
No. Billerica, MA 01862

David A. Nagy, Executive Director Safety & Training
Pan Am Railways Iron Horse Park
No. Billerica, MA 01862
Well Bernie we should know more about this because Peter gave us a history less on the Flight Attendants. However for some reason that history lesson has faded into my brain somewhere and I can't quite remember what he said. The official Name is Pan Am Railways and ST, BM and MEC exist through labor contracts, union agreements etc. but that’s where I have forgotten all the valuable information Peter told us.

by murray83

When is the union contract up for renewal?

When it is I bet you see Pan Am fully take over and end the MEC/B&M paper trails ending the union,seems like something head office would pull.

by MEC407

Everybody called it Guilford before, and now that they've changed the name from Guilford to Pan Am, why not call it Pan Am? I don't see what all the confusion is about.

by MNRR_RTC

It's funny, but the paperwork that I get for the PL-1 when they run on the Waterbury says Springfield Terminal , but I still call them the Boston & Maine guys. Still glad that they are running.

by Jonny Bolt

It is still referred to as B & M here in the Hampton area. Even to the State, it is referred to as B & M when doing contruction of any kind near the rails here in town.

As I understood it in the past, GTI was the corporate entity, and GRS was the "road name" of the company, with BM, ST, and MEC being subsidaries and reporting marks underneath it all.

by mainecentral

Noel Weaver wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but it is still the Boston and Maine or
Maine Central to me.
Noel Weaver
Noel, I'm with you....it will always be the Maine Central and the Boston & Maine to me..........regardless of what THEY call it

by MEC407

I'm sure there are people in CBQ and ATSF territory who feel the same way... but like it or not, that railroad is called BNSF. :wink:

The MEC will always be the MEC, and the B&M will always be the B&M... but they're owned by a "company" called Pan Am and there's nothing that any of us can do to change that, so we might as well accept it and move on.