• Silverliner Vs Out of Service - Schedule/Service Discussion

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ChrisinAbington

danquagl wrote: Manayunk/Norristown Schedule
ADJUSTMENT: Train #207 (departing Ivy Ridge Station at 8:01 a.m.) will operate Express from Ivy Ridge to Temple University Station
They must be one packed train. Does it originate at Ivy Ridge, as the sentence suggests?
I see 207 on the regular weekday schedule, but not the earlier modified schedule so I'm not sure what they're up to when they say "adjustment".
  by danquagl

I edited my original post to indicate that they will be posted this evening.

And concerning 207, it originates at Elm Street and is part of the regular Saturday schedule.
  by scotty269

ChrisinAbington wrote:
danquagl wrote: Manayunk/Norristown Schedule
ADJUSTMENT: Train #207 (departing Ivy Ridge Station at 8:01 a.m.) will operate Express from Ivy Ridge to Temple University Station
They must be one packed train. Does it originate at Ivy Ridge, as the sentence suggests?
I see 207 on the regular weekday schedule, but not the earlier modified schedule so I'm not sure what they're up to when they say "adjustment".
This train has been brought up in this thread before. It has expressed from Ivy Ridge (once from Miquon due to being short a car) every single day of the modified schedule. Been waiting for them to make it official for awhile.
  by ChrisinAbington

scotty269 wrote: This train has been brought up in this thread before. It has expressed from Ivy Ridge (once from Miquon due to being short a car) every single day of the modified schedule. Been waiting for them to make it official for awhile.
My bad then, I looked around for it and didn't see a mention, but I probably didn't go back far enough. Seems like they are slowly making a few regular occurrences "official" then.. Thanks for the response!
  by eafp668

The SEPTA website and news articles said the schedule changes and train additions added on August 8 were the result of additional leased railcars. Is that true? How many new cars did SEPTA get this time, and from where?
  by Silverliner II

The same ones that have been running for a few weeks now. They took the additional MARC cars to make both MARC sets 8-car trains (one with a SEPTA cab car). The NJ Transit and Amtrak sets remain unchanged. With both MARC sets on the Wilmington-Newark expresses, six more Silverliner IV's were freed up to be used elsewhere.
  by Silverliner II

Several sets go to Lansdale in the morning. Six Bombardier sets in all are active.

AM
Train 502 is a PP set from the Paoli/Thorndale line, spins at Lansdale for 6579.
Train 516 is a PP set from the Paoli/Thorndale line, deadheads from Temple to Lansdale, spins for 6589.
Train 526 is a PP set from the Paoli/Thorndale line, deadheads from Temple to Glenside, spins for 6593.
Train 3509 is a PP set from West Trenton, deadheads 30th Street to Paoli, spins for 9518.
Train 9798 is a PP set from Trenton.
Train 9538 is a PP set from the Paoli/Thorndale line.

PM
Train 6348 is a PP set from Center City to Neshaminy Falls, spins for 3553, deadheads to Temple (with almost a 45-minute break enroute in Roberts Yard to stay out of traffic along the way).
Train 6352 is a PP set to West Trenton.
Train 9747 is a PP set to Trenton.
Train 9551 is a PP set to the Paoli/Thorndale line.
Train 9553 is a PP set to the Paoli/Thorndale line.
The 6th PP set in the afternoon I have narrowed down to either 1549 or 1557 to the Paoli/Thorndale line.
  by danquagl

6th Push-Pull set is train 4589 DH: Glenside-Temple then revenue to Malvern. Also, speaking of the Paoli/Thorndale line, service was down due to wire repairs. Not a good night for those commuters.
  by Silverliner II

There is no train 4589 to Malvern. Paoli-Thorndale is still on the July 18th interim schedule. And there are no PM peak trips terminating at Glenside to spin for a 4589 in the current runs. It's got to be one of the two 15xx's I mentioned above... I sat an entire PM rush at Merion and Narberth on Friday between those two trains. No 4589 in print and no extras ran.
  by danquagl

Yes there is, actually. I hear them usually talk to dispatch on the scanner radio. But it is not listed in the timetables. It has a 5:53 pm departure time from Temple, but I think it starts as train 6586 which turns at Glenside for the aforementioned 4589. 6586 is also listed nowhere on the Glenside Combined timetables. Why again does SEPTA not add this to the timetable, I don't know, but if you ask me, it's a bit lazy on their part....

http://trainview.septa.org/4589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by MACTRAXX

Silverliner II wrote:Several sets go to Lansdale in the morning. Six Bombardier sets in all are active...
S2: Thanks for this information...

The term for trains changing directions is "Turn" and should be versed "turns for" and not "spin"...

MACTRAXX
  by Silverliner II

danquagl wrote:Yes there is, actually. I hear them usually talk to dispatch on the scanner radio. But it is not listed in the timetables. It has a 5:53 pm departure time from Temple, but I think it starts as train 6586 which turns at Glenside for the aforementioned 4589. 6586 is also listed nowhere on the Glenside Combined timetables. Why again does SEPTA not add this to the timetable, I don't know, but if you ask me, it's a bit lazy on their part....

http://trainview.septa.org/4589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Evidently it was a literal last-second addition if that train is not even in the August 8th schedules (with Paoli-Thorndale still being effective July 18th). It's not even mentioned in the alerts like other last-second or later additions were. Yay SEPTA. I'm one of those who doesn't use Trainview on my phone, so... *shrugs* lol! By the way, it can't leave Temple at 5:53pm, since train 3555 departs Temple at 5:53pm, and is a local train... it must be either ahead of or behind that train by a few......
MACTRAXX wrote:S2: Thanks for this information...

The term for trains changing directions is "Turn" and should be versed "turns for" and not "spin"...
Spins, turns, flips... seen all three terms used interchangeably across the continent. But I know what you mean.
  by danquagl

Silverliner II wrote: Evidently it was a literal last-second addition if that train is not even in the August 8th schedules (with Paoli-Thorndale still being effective July 18th). It's not even mentioned in the alerts like other last-second or later additions were. Yay SEPTA. I'm one of those who doesn't use Trainview on my phone, so... *shrugs* lol! By the way, it can't leave Temple at 5:53pm, since train 3555 departs Temple at 5:53pm, and is a local train... it must be either ahead of or behind that train by a few......
Hmm, didn't notice the similarities in running time. Unless 3555 is running really late or so, oh well. At least we solved a mystery.
  by danquagl

Well, more new schedules go into effect Monday August 15th. Lots of re-timings. They will be available after 9:00 pm tomorrow night:
Select Schedule Enhancements Effective
Monday, August 15, 2016

Lansdale/Doylestown Schedule
NEW: Train #6586 will depart Suburban Station at 4:10 p.m. with service to Glenside

NEW: Train #6505 will depart from Penllyn Station at 6:23 a.m. with service to North Broad Station

ADJUSTMENT: Train #5305 will depart Doylestown Station at 6:01 a.m., 12 minutes EARLIER and will resume its regular schedule at Glenside Station with EXPRESS service between North Hills and North Broad Stations

ADJUSTMENT: Train #5803 will depart Doylestown Station at 5:10 a.m., 15 minutes EARLIER and will resume its regular schedule at Jenkintown-Wyncote Station

ADJUSTMENT: Train #5307 will depart Doylestown Station at 6:58 a.m., 15 minutes EARLIER and will resume its regular schedule at Glenside Station with EXPRESS service between Jenkintown-Wyncote and North Broad Stations

ADJUSTMENT: Train #505 will operate EXPRESS service between Glenside and North Broad Stations

ADJUSTMENT: Train #6579 will depart Lansdale Station at 6:45 a.m., 4 minutes LATER from Lansdale Station and will stop at Penllyn Station

ADJUSTMENT: Train #6591 will depart Penllyn Station 2 minutes LATER at 8:20 a.m. and arrive at Suburban Station at 9:17 a.m., 13 minutes LATER

ADJUSTMENT: Train #3530 will arrive at Doylestown Station at 6:49 p.m., 11 minutes LATER

ADJUSTMENT: Train #3532 will arrive at Doylestown Station at 7:49 p.m., 11 minutes LATER

ADJUSTMENT: Train #5329 will depart Doylestown Station at 6:21 p.m., 8 minutes LATER

ADJUSTMENT: Train #5331 will depart Doylestown Station at 7:21 p.m., 8 minutes LATER

West Trenton Line
ADJUSTMENT: Train #3515 will depart West Trenton Station at 6:48 a.m., 14 minutes EARLIER and will resume its regular schedule at Temple University Station
CHANGE IN SERVICE: Train #3555 (departing West Trenton Station at 5:02 p.m.) will no longer operate and will be replaced by a new Train, #3557, departing West Trenton Station at 5:22 p.m.

Media/Elwyn Line:
ADJUSTMENT: Train #5329 will depart Suburban Station at 7:41 p.m., 8 minutes LATER
ADJUSTMENT: Train #5331 will depart Suburban Station at 8:41 p.m., 8 minutes LATER

Warminster Line:
ADJUSTMENT: Train #442, departing Suburban Station at 4:05 p.m., will operate EXPRESS service from Temple University to Glenside