• SEPTA RR DIV-CTD STRIKE INFO AVAILABLE AS OF APRIL 9

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by MACTRAXX

Guys: As of April 9th-Saturday I noticed that SEPTA had began to distribute the 2005 guide to service in the event of a service disruption. It looks the same to me as the ones issued previously. I also read a interesting editorial in the Philadelphia Daily News 4/8 edition-Page 15 titled "Will Health Care Kill SEPTA?" about the major item in negotiations-free health care. PDN says "TWU wants a benefit package we can no longer afford". With SEPTA in a precarious position,the last thing I think we need is a strike right now. On the RR division,the Wayne Junction-Glenside Track and Signal Project is scheduled to start next weekend - the night of April 15th. My guess that it will be postponed temporarily in the event of a CTD strike - these rail lines are too vital to be lost during a transit strike. I personally think that this info along with the PDN editorial is a ominous sign - do any of you agree? MACTRAXX

by jfrey40535

It will not just be a CTD strike this time, Frontier will also walk (if they do), followed a few weeks later by Victory.

I have a question: If SEPTA does start the signal project, will they still provide shuttle buses in the event of a strike, or just put the project on hold?

I've been wondering how much of a detrimental effect the project is going to have on ridership anyway. They're completely shutting down the Fox Chase(Newtown) branch during the project on weekends, which is sure to chase away riders.

No one really knows whats going on at this point, some of the operators have told me they're not going to walk (even though they voted to do so) but will just get another extention. They are getting a pretty bad deal, but its more the new employees who are getting hurt than the veterans. I don't want this turning into a nasty debate like the last thread we had last month, so lets just hope for the best!

by flynnt

jfrey40535 wrote:It will not just be a CTD strike this time, Frontier will also walk (if they do), followed a few weeks later by Victory.
I don't think so. 3 separate unions, 3 separate contracts, 3 separate decisions whether to strike or not.

by SEPTALRV9072

I have a question: If SEPTA does start the signal project, will they still provide shuttle buses in the event of a strike, or just put the project on hold?
They would probably put it on hold cause Frontier and Midvale Depots would more than likely provide the buses and if they walk then no rail shuttles.
I don't think so. 3 separate unions, 3 separate contracts, 3 separate decisions whether to strike or not.
Frontier has already decided to walk with their city brothers in the even of a strike. If nothing is struck for Red Arrow by the 1st, then they'll walk too.