Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1632000  by Jeff Smith

I came across an interesting PDF while doing some research on the Second Avenue Subway. Included are alternatives for the full-length alternative. Even though there has been scant news about and slimmer chances of Phases 3 and 4 being built, I still find some of the information fascinating. For instance, the options for bus or LRT south of 63rd St, the east build alternative to grab more neighborhoods like the Bowery, and a connection to the Nassau St. Line with continuing service to Brooklyn. Scant mention of Bronx alternatives.

I'm attaching some images from the PDF, and the full PDF.
Attachments:
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_1.jpg
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_1.jpg (438.97 KiB) Viewed 423 times
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_2.jpg
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_2.jpg (395.9 KiB) Viewed 423 times
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_3.jpg
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_3.jpg (352.46 KiB) Viewed 423 times
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_4.jpg
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_4.jpg (406.79 KiB) Viewed 423 times
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_7.jpg
final_summary_report List of Alternatives_Page_7.jpg (390.57 KiB) Viewed 423 times
Attachments:
(739.81 KiB) Downloaded 15 times