• Schedule changes on Worcester line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by bierhere

I've heard from several people that the current 2:40pm outbound that terminates in Framingham will become a 2:30pm and run all the way to Worcester.

In addition, the 5:05pm Outbound from South Station that terminates in Framingham is also supposed to go Worcester as well.

Anyone know when this is starting. Apparently it was supposed to start last week, but didn't.

by sery2831

Schedule changes will be around the time we change the clocks. Looks like there will be quite a few changes north and south!

by CSX Conductor

There will no longer be any trains turning in Framingham beginning with the timetable change from what I've heard.

by GP40MC 1116

When exactly are the new schedules comming out does anyone know?

by CSX Conductor

In the past the MBTA Commuter Rail schedules change at the same time of Amtrak, which is usually @ 12:01am on the Last Monday of October. I believe this time around they will change Oct. 1st but nothing reflects this on MBTA.com

by GP40MC 1116

CSX Conductor wrote:In the past the MBTA Commuter Rail schedules change at the same time of Amtrak, which is usually @ 12:01am on the Last Monday of October. I believe this time around they will change Oct. 1st but nothing reflects this on MBTA.com
Ahh, well i guess when I see a new color stream as i go into North i'll figure it out

by CSX Conductor

GP40MC 1116 wrote:Ahh, well i guess when I see a new color stream as i go into North i'll figure it out
Actually, I believe they will be the new design, like the Attleboro / Stoughton schedules. :wink:

by GP40MC 1116

CSX Conductor wrote:
GP40MC 1116 wrote:Ahh, well i guess when I see a new color stream as i go into North i'll figure it out
Actually, I believe they will be the new design, like the Attleboro / Stoughton schedules. :wink:
OHHHHHH Snazzy.. :-D

by Ron Newman

CSX Conductor wrote:I believe this time around they will change Oct. 1st
That would be a very bad idea since there has been no public notice at all!

by Ron Newman

CSX Conductor wrote:Actually, I believe they will be the new design, like the Attleboro / Stoughton schedules.
Providence/Stoughton schedules, you mean. Only one train turns around at Attleboro anymore, and that's only on weekdays.

by CSX Conductor

Excuse me Ron, I realize this, just force of habit. Some dispatchers still refer to these as Attleboro locals, even though they go to Pvd. Same thing as referring to all of the Forge Park trains a Franklin trains. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the new MBCR Bulletins today to see when it takes effect.

by Ron Newman

I understand. (But Forge Park station is still in the town of Franklin, right?)

by Robert Paniagua

Yes, it is, Mr. Newman, it is just about a few hundred yards, however, from the Bellingham City Line.

(Maybe it should be renamed Franklin/Bellingham, due to it's close proximity to Bellingham.)

by johnpbarlow

There will no longer be any trains turning in Framingham beginning with the timetable change from what I've heard.
Wow! that doubles the # of weekday trains between Worcester and Framingham from 20 trips to 40+ trips! What's CSX going to do with its 20 or so trains? :wink:

by mental757

anyone have any details about the upcoming PVD/Stoughton schedule change? I just got used to the new (expanded) schedule from 7/24!!!