• Saco/Old Orchard Area

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by fire651

Hi

What are the trains symbol ( Pan Am) going through on a daily basis. I was in the area recently, but no clues regarding trains operations.

Thanks
  by cpf354

fire651 wrote:Hi

What are the trains symbol ( Pan Am) going through on a daily basis. I was in the area recently, but no clues regarding trains operations.

Thanks
RUED,WAED, NMED are westbound, EDRU,EDWA,EDNM are eastbound. They can run anytime around the passenger train schedule, which is here:
http://thedowneaster.com/schedules-table.html

by fire651

Thanks. I saw one eastbound going by Ocean Park on last Wednesday morning around 0830. What are the radio freqs in the area?

by Dick H

Radio frequencies for Guilford at Old Orchard (District #2) are 161.160 (Dispatcher) and 161.520 (train). When you have a few minutes, check out Chuck Petlick's excellent railfan info site below.

http://home.comcast.net/~petlick/grs.htm

Dick

by roberttosh

Seems like they've been running the switcher from Rigby out to Biddeford on fairly regular basis as well, ususally around midday.

by fire651

Thanks again folks. Appreciated.

by consist

There's a new customer in Biddeford just south of the Nissen spot, a big baby blue warehouse getting hoppers, maybe plastic pellets.

by wolfmom69

That is "Correct Deck", and NOT exactly a "new customer".. Siding went in several years ago, but took a while to start seeing cars. I have even seen bulkead flats at the far end of the plant, that were used to ship OUT the finished lumber products. but doesn't seem to be a regular thing.

Yes, that is a type of "plastic" that is used to 'treat the lumber".

Bud