• RT 15 in the Daily News AGAIN today 7/6/2005

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by the sarge

The Urban Warrior was at it again today. She exposed SEPTA’s horrible integrity again by exposing their usual spin statements.

In a nutshell, the story exposed SEPTA’s false assertion that it will take months to train and assign operators. The Union stated that majority of the future operators are currently driving the buses on the RT 15 and that only a four hour refresher course is required to get behind the controls. SEPTA’s remark about union rules requiring the three months for re-asignment was basically BS!

The new reason for the delay? The new PCC II’s warranties will expire soon! SEPTA needs to rework a new expensive warranty contract to cover the common “teething” period during operation.

I knew the cars just sitting around for over a year would cause trouble. Hopefully SEPTA can re-work or figure out what to do with the warranty contract very soon. Oh, I forgot this is SEPTA…..

the sarge

by SEPTALRV9072

I believe that they just want to wait til the fall picking so that way they can move the 10 up to Callowhill as well.

by mb41

What ashame that they are stauling to make the pcc's mess up. They are probally doing this on purpose, just like the E line Boston they ran on purpose the worst pcc cars so they die in the streets to annoy drivers and business owners and turn them against streetcars.