• RS-11 Headed West ?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by njtransitrookie

Was up at Lake Junction today and saw M&E Rs-11 (forgot the number) was attatched to out bound cars on the horn track. Where could it be going ? Or, was it sold ? Sandy, do you know ?
  by Sandy Burton

It was 7206 going back to the storage line at Lake Junction.

By the way, 7215 made her first solo run yesterday.

Sandy

by njtransitrookie

Sandy, Do you have any photos ? I would like to see.
  by RS115

Updating an earlier post of mine about 7215 in the diesel doing's threat - The nose of 7215 now sports a couple of small M&E logos and some striping. Looks better and certainly more visible. Haven't been in a position to see whether the long hood end has gotten similar treatment.
  by Sandy Burton

I do have pictures, but the film is still sitting on my dresser. Guess I will have to make a run to Fair Lawn next week.

And, yes, the back (long hood) received a treatment similar to the front (short hood). Only one logo just under the headlight and lots of stripes.

Sandy