• RR History Talk

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Bernard Rudberg

For those of you who are local and interested in Mid Hudson Valley railroad history, I will be doing another talk on Monday 12 June 2006. This time it will be at the Unionvale Historical Society meeting at the senior citizen center in Tymor Park. I plan to be there before 7:00 to set up.

The subject, of course, will be local railroad history starting out with the ND&C and CNE. Also on hand will be Roger Liller to talk about his upcoming book on the Clove Branch and the NYB&M Rwy that was never completed because they went bankrupt in the financial panic of 1873. The proposed route of the NYB&M went right through Tymor Park about a hundred yards from the meeting place.

Come on down to the meeting and we will try to shine a little light on some obscure parts of Dutchess County railroad history. Bring your questions and we will try to answer them.

By the way, take note of my new E-Mail address. It is:

[email protected]

Bernie Rudberg