• RR CMO's who are ALCO experts

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by tv737

Jack Kuhns, former Supt. of Motive Power for CSX started out as an Alco Service Engineer.
  by bk77

I was recently watching the Pentrex video on the Arkansas & Missouri from '88 (an awesome Alco video if you've never seen it). Made me wonder, what ever happened to then-CMO Randy Hannold and the "DMV Alco parts supply" side company he oversaw? I remember reading a TRAINS article on the A&M from around the early 90's and Randy was still there (I see Casey Shepard is now and has been there CMO for some time). Just curious as Randy seemed to be a very knowledgeable Alco guy...

---BILL
  by chrisnewhaven

Are there any young guys (by that I mean 40 or younger) working in this shops that would be able to maintain these Alcos just as well as the current CMO's when they (the current CMO's) retire? I believe Alco's will still be hauling freight 50 years from now, but you cant maintain them in 50 years if no one knows how.
C.J.V.
  by alcodoc

I have several young men on staff in the shop learning the trade of Alco locomotive repair and care. It takes a lot of investment to teach and learn the trade of locomotive repair. It takes a lot of time and mentoring to get them up to speed on how to maintain any locomotive. My men have mostly worked on Alcos so they are not distracted by the other "stuff"...... Not to worry....there will be a few men who can/will work on them.

Don Colangelo, GVT, CMO