• Ride-on Live Steam club in New Hampshire?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by p42thedowneaster

Are there any LS clubs in NH for 3/4, 1.0, or 1.5 inch scale?

If not...
Has anyone considered Newton, NH? They have an old RR bed (the Peanut Trail) which was briefly opened for ATV use. Unfortunately the patrons abused the abutting properties which resulted in a lawsuit. After the town lost the suit, the trail was closed to ATV riders on the south side of NH 108. While the trail is still open to walkers and bikers, it does not appear to see much use. There is significant overgrowth. Now, I'm not a resident of Newton, but I am building a 1.0in scale engine. I couldn't imagine a cooler place to run it, than on a real railroad bed, with real cinder ballast!