Railroad Forums 

• Remaining CTC-1B Single Level Cab Cars

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1641974  by MBTAVideoClips

We're in the endgame now. Only four CTC-1B (enabled cab) cars are left. The remaining list is as follows:
1632 (Currently heading to North Station, at Chelsea)
1636 (Currently heading to North Station, at Concord)
1643 (Currently heading to Rockport, at Chelsea)
1647 (Currently heading to Reading, at Melrose Highlands)

This is kinda like last summer, when we had only a handful of CTC-3s left. I'm glad I got to see both the -3s and -1Bs before they leave forever, but I know everyone will miss them. Go see them while you can!!!
 #1642201  by CRail

Just because a car is removed from a set does not mean it's retired, or "dead". Passing speculation off as fact is prohibited.
 #1642240  by Commuterrail1050

Technically, none of the 1600’s are retired or dead at the moment, except for 1648 which has been scrapped for a while now. The 1600’s are stored operable since they aren’t needed as a result of surplus double decker control coaches. That is my observation and not as a fact. Just wanted to clear up what I said.
 #1642266  by Commuterrail1050

I believe Crail was referring to your comment as 1630 rose from the dead, which it wasn’t in the first place. I was saying that 1643 could be stored, I never said that it was stored. There’s a whole difference between speculating your opinion vs stating a fact. Everything I said up to this point is my opinion or observation. Speaking of observation, unless they are in for inspection or other maintenance purposes, 1638 and 1643 could be next to be stored. They also could be put back on another set. Who knows at this point since I don’t work there. There’s only one way to find out if that happens or not and wait for the roster to be updated. The last ones I remember seeing before they were stored are 1637 , 1640, and 1651.