• Red Line to Brockton

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSX Conductor

Because all the $$ are being wasted with all thi "heightened security BS!!!

by stevefoley

Surely whats really needed is decent RER (paris cross city) style EMU service. Manages 100MPH easily. Or even Heathrow Xpress style (110 MPH). But the T can't even manage to do this on the route it already has 25KV (Boston-Providence-TF Green)

by madcrow

Naw, Electric Commuter Rail Service to RI is never gonna happen. Even Amtrak were to allow the T to use their precious wires, the cost of highspeed EMUs or Electric locomotives is more than I could see the MBTA ever spending...

by dudeursistershot

madcrow wrote:Naw, Electric Commuter Rail Service to RI is never gonna happen. Even Amtrak were to allow the T to use their precious wires, the cost of highspeed EMUs or Electric locomotives is more than I could see the MBTA ever spending...
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pi ... refer=home

by CSX Conductor

madcrow wrote:Naw, Electric Commuter Rail Service to RI is never gonna happen. Even Amtrak were to allow the T to use their precious wires, the cost of highspeed EMUs or Electric locomotives is more than I could see the MBTA ever spending...
If they could dedicate a certain amount of trainsets to the Attleboro Line it would make sense because I think they may have to purchase some more locomotives when Greeenbush is up and running.

One reason they can't now is train-sets are used on various lines during the off-peak, or dead-headed to the CR facility in Readville until the evening peak.