• Red Line fire?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Pete

Porter Station was full of smoke at about 10:45 this morning. Seemed to be in at least the southbound tunnel entering the station. Anyone know what happened?

by fm535

Tuesday, around noon time, I waited for 45 minutes before getting 01520 from JFK to Braintree. As the clock ticked on, I went up to an inspector and she told me that the switch at Alewife had snagged a train and it was stuck there for quite sometime. She said it had happened too often in the past and now they had a real catastrophe to deal with! And that they always waited until it was a disaster to do anything! I asked her if the new 'boss' had made any changes in that manner, she said he had at the begining, but it seems like it's business as usual again. ...I was kinda stunned, because he hasn't been there that long! Needless to say, I was 20 minutes late for work.