• Re-routings to Hoboken this week....

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Tri-State Tom

So how did the increased traffic into Hoboken go this a.m. ?

Many folks or did most take this week off ?

by njt4172

Don't know how it's going, but I am hoping for some 8 car Mu sets this week,......Anything and everything can run out of Hoboken!

Steve

by Mark Schweber

I had no problem at all this morning.

I took the train my wife usually takes which is the Gladstone train that arrives in Hoboken at 7:23. She says that the train is usually pretty full but not packed. Even though the following Midtown Direct train was one of the cancelled trains the one I was on still fairly full but not packed. Train had same three MU cars as normal.

Usually when there is a Midtown Direct train that for some reason is re-directed to Hoboken it is a mess at the PATH, with long lines to get through the gate where NJT tickets are being checked and honored. Today, they just had a bunch of turnstiles open and were not even really checking tickets. The PATH train had the seats filled but was not packed (except in the back most car which is the car most people reach first).

Once I got off the train I had no problem walking west on 34th street. Lots of cops and National Guard, but no check points.

by OCtrainguy

"Many folks or did most take this week off ?"

The parking lot at Bay Head was only half full this morning. I know of several people who either took off or re-worked their schedules this week.

by F23A4

OCtrainguy wrote:"Many folks or did most take this week off ?"

The parking lot at Bay Head was only half full this morning.
Same deal @ Jersey Avenue this a.m. Sort of like a Friday before a 3-day weekend.

by jspsh

Did anyone take the Clockers this morning? Were they like usual, packed with people?

by BlockLine_4111

Sounds like MidTownDirect is running as MidTownConnect.

by james1787

Kinda dumb, but they ran a 3 car MU outta Gladstone like they normally do this morning for a rush hour train. I was running late and took the 8ish train out of New Providence. Normally this train preceeds the usual Midtown Direct. Well, since the "midtown direct" was not going to NYP, everyone figured to jump on the little 3 car MU to go to Hoboken. We had people stuffed in the vestibules by the time we got to the oranges. Somehow I thought that part of it could have been planned out better. I don't think they picked anyone up in Newark and definitely left people at the stop before that.

Hoboken wasn't too bad.. there was crowding on the path as expected, but nothing too bad. I was able to get on the first path train I saw.

by nick11a

james1787 wrote:Kinda dumb, but they ran a 3 car MU outta Gladstone like they normally do this morning for a rush hour train. I was running late and took the 8ish train out of New Providence. Normally this train preceeds the usual Midtown Direct. Well, since the "midtown direct" was not going to NYP, everyone figured to jump on the little 3 car MU to go to Hoboken. We had people stuffed in the vestibules by the time we got to the oranges. Somehow I thought that part of it could have been planned out better. I don't think they picked anyone up in Newark and definitely left people at the stop before that.

Hoboken wasn't too bad.. there was crowding on the path as expected, but nothing too bad. I was able to get on the first path train I saw.
Speaking of the Gladstone MidTown Direct, are they still running the 8-car train and 9-car train this week? I also guess that it was a push-pull train. Correct?

by Ken W2KB

5702 this morning, on the RVL, was only about 1/3 the normal number of passengers.

by Jtgshu

Part of the shortage of cars can be attributed to a "logjam" of sorts, in Long Branch yard very early monday morning, where a yard crew had some problems and a good number of cars were lost for the morning rush because of the various problems the yard crew had.

Push pulls were scrambled to try to make up for the shortages, which probably lead to a couple of MU's subbing for Pushpull trians on the Gladstone, M and E, etc

It was a very trying day for NJT, and, except for the Hoboken mishap at 5pm, it went pretty good.

The problem at the airport was a train took down wires on number 1 track at Lane interlocking, and eastbound trains were low levling at Elizabeth, and bypassing the airport stop

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Part of the shortage of cars can be attributed to a "logjam" of sorts, in Long Branch yard very early monday morning, where a yard crew had some problems and a good number of cars were lost for the morning rush because of the various problems the yard crew had.

Push pulls were scrambled to try to make up for the shortages, which probably lead to a couple of MU's subbing for Pushpull trians on the Gladstone, M and E, etc

It was a very trying day for NJT, and, except for the Hoboken mishap at 5pm, it went pretty good.

The problem at the airport was a train took down wires on number 1 track at Lane interlocking, and eastbound trains were low levling at Elizabeth, and bypassing the airport stop
Yeah, seems like they're having similar problems today. Read on njtransit.com that a NJCL train was cancelled near South Amboy due to mechanical problems.