• RCNRHS meeting - "PRR Elmira Branch" - 9/16/04

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by CRHauf

The Rochester Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society would like to invite everyone to our September general membership meeting to be held this Thursday evening, September 16. You do not need to be a member to attend. Everyone is welcome!

The program for this month's meeting will be a slide show by Bill Caloroso on the "Pennsylvania Railroad's Elmira Branch" from Elmira, NY to Sodus Point, NY. Bill is an expert on this line and has published a book with the same title on this interesting piece of the PRR.

The meeting will be held at the 40&8 Club at 933 University Avenue (across from the Gleason Works between Culver Rd. and Goodman St.) in Rochester, NY. The meeting starts at 7PM with the Rochester Chapter's store open followed by a short business meeting at 7:30 with the program to start around 8:15PM.

For more information, please visit our website at www.rochnrhs.org

Again everyone is welcome. This should be a great program!

Chris Hauf
Rochester Chapter NRHS
www.rochnrhs.org

by scottychaos

thanks for the reminder Chris,
sounds like a great program..
I think I will stop by!
Scot

by Otto Vondrak

....and it's free. But don't be surprised if we invite you down to join up with us! And you get to meet some of your fellow railroad.net members! What could be better? Also... Bill is a wealth of information... what more couldja want?

-otto-

by bwparker1

If someone would ask about the Penn Yan question I posed earlier, I would appreciate it! And I am a RNRHS member, I even took track car training this year.

Thanks Brooks

by scottychaos

I would love to join!
and have been thinking about it for the 10 years I have been in Rochester..
but..I only have time for one train club! :(
and im already a member of Genesee G Gauge..
that takes up all of my "hobby time"...

I also want to join the local Bonsai club..dont have time for that either..
oh well..cant do everything! ;)

Scot

by rls62

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be there!