• Railroadradio.net Test Feed

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by Schuylkill Valley

Hello all,
Jim that owns Railroad radio. net suggest this " Perhaps the best way we can work through this issue of whether your stream (in its present antenna configuration) is 'ready for primetime' is to give out the link to the test server's page, and let the railfan groups have a listen and solicit their input. If the comments are favorable, I don't have a problem with creating the stream info page and switching you over to a production server (from the test server). It's a lot of work otherwise."

At the present moment I'm working off a C.B. K-40 Fiberglass Ant.
and I'm receiving these channels

Channel 1. Harrisburg East Dispatcher/NS.Abram Yard 160.860
Channel 2 SEPTA North 160.590
Channel 3 SEPTA South 160.350

http://railaudio2.railroadradio.net:2006/index.html

to listen, just click the "Listen" link in the center top

The feed is up between 7:00 AM. and 12:00 AM. Unless I'm away from the house for a leangth of time.
Let me know what you think, I'll be taking over the Reading Feed of Railroadradio.net and making it the Pottstown Feed

I have to resolder the coax connector on the 100' RG8 cable that leads to the Scanner Ant. at 50' on top of the tower. there's corrosion on the shielding. When that's fixed, I should be back up to full receiving power.

I know in the past when I had my scanner hooked up, I could receive radio transmissions from all over the area. I don't see why that would change.
Len.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by scotty269

I will listen to it, and will give my feedback!
  by Schuylkill Valley

Update infomation from the Owner of Railroadradio.net.
Len.

" I note that several people seem to have problems opening the test stream from the original link supplied. This has to do with which streaming client they have on their computer.

What I've done is on the original Reading PA Stream Info page:

http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/34/159/

I have repointed the three Listen links (Winamp, Realplayer, Windows Media Player) to your test stream, and I have put a line of text explaining that this is the test stream, not the original.

You should probably put this info out for those who wish to listen to your part time stream for evaluation and critique purposes. It should play for anyone who was successfully able to play the old Reading stream, using the Reading Page now.

Jim G,