Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning at BWI

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#928889  by gprimr1

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:As far as railfanning goes on the Capital Sub, I'm looking at either Greenbelt or College Park. I'm not going to be catching any MARCs on that line.

Hyattsville, I don't think I'll do anytime soon. I believe part of it can be rough, neighborhoodwise. I don't think it's within any walking distance of a Metro stop; at least, I would have to take a Metrobus to a Green Line station.
The MARC Camden line runs through both those stations daily in both directions. Unless you plan to go during the middle of the day, your going to see MARC. Northbounds in the AM and southbounds in the PM is the general rule for good lighting. The only way to avoid MARC would be to go mid-day, and seeing as we are about to go into the "high-sun" period of the year, if you plan to do pictures of videos, that will hurt the quality.