• Rail women

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by Rail Liner

I have noticed more girls into trains is that realy the case. Not that it's wong though

by GOLDEN-ARM

Wong or wite, it dowsent weally matter........... :P

by Nelson Bay

I agwee. And furthermore....

If it's not all wed, it's not wed at all.

by washingtonsecondary

Two wongs can make it white.

by chrisjz

This is so wong on so many wevels but it's fweakin' hiwawious...

by pennsy

Hi All,

Boy, has this thread gone off into outer space.

Are we talking about ladies that are now employed by railroads, or are we talking about young ladies that are railfans ???

In a previous thread, I have noted that there are quite a few young ladies posting that are railfans, and also remarked that I was impressed with their knowledge and interest.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, weawy not sure, what we aw talking about. It souwnded wike he sees mowe women wailfans, when awound the wailwoad............. :P

by TB Diamond

Elmer Fudd would be proud.

by BR&P

OK, I hesitate to bring this up because it's so easy to get topics locked here. So let's all try to answer in a way that will be discreet and acceptable.

How many railroaders have had women trackside, uh, display their appreciation for the train and/or crew? For example, one evening a couple years back we went by a house where there was a party going on. A couple of the girls were evidently railfans, as they gave us a nice greeting as we went by. It appeared they had spent some time in the sun that summer as they had nice tans on most parts of them. We watched that house every trip but never got a repeat show.

Of course we won't mention that some crews have been known to buy some Mardi-Gras beads at the local dollar store, and dangle them on a fingertip as they pass young railfan-ettes.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Some places, those "Jerry Springer" moments, are a daily routine. You see lots of "interesting" stuff, from a train, some a lot more adult content oriented, than the question you just asked about...... :wink: Stopping the train, on the Bayway trestle, while heading to Cranford one day, we watched an interesting "coupling" being made, in the yard down below us. Strange thing was, not a railroader was in sight......... :P These things are more common, than you might imagine.

by BR&P

We used to have a highway overpass, under which was a popular spot at night. It was hysterical to see two faces pop up in the back window and gape at the rumbling and the bright light. Of course we always had to blast the whistle while under the bridge just to shake them up a little more, LOL. Unfortunately they took the bridge down and put in a grade crossing.

The late George Hockaday used to tell of a certain house on the Arkansas & Missouri RR - as the train approached at 2AM or whatever, at a certain house the light would go on and the shade would go up, and the woman would wave her greeting, almsot every trip. It sure kept the crew awake!

Used to have a topless sunbather in one small town, but she was always face down as the train went by. Blew the horn, waved, tried everything but she would not sit up to wave back.

by steemtrayn

Aww this, just becawse of one spewwing ewwew.

But seriously, folks...

pennsy wrote:Are we talking about ladies that are now employed by railroads, or are we talking about young ladies that are railfans ???
Neither, seems we're talking about flashers now.

by Nelson Bay

Mr. G. A.,

Re the "interesting coupling" you observed: perhaps the "Do Not Hump" placard fell off???

by ExEMDLOCOTester

Hopefully both couplers were open...

by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, I would imagine that one coupler was open. Didn't look like the drawbar was bypassed, so............ :P "Hitch looks good, Red Zone". I wasn't the only one, who "set and centered", either! :P I hope he didn't open the air too quickly, and dump 'em! :P That reminds me of a time, at the Hackensack river bridge, on the NYS&W.................

(Geez, this thing sure has taken a turn, hasn't it?) Sorry ladies!