• rail train

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

there is a rail train onthe B&A heading East, any info on where it is going?

A Loaded Rail Train heading East with CSXT # 3185,# 2342(slug) and # 6915.
Crew used # 3185 for a taxi into the yard after they backed rail train off on
storage track.

by CSX Conductor

The train arrived into Beacon Park yesterday @ 415pm and power was left at the engine house on Farm #2. The symbol for yesterday was W011-01. The train was called today to head west as W035-10, with the crew on-duty @ 0900 at Beacon Park. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

well i found my answer:

Worcester/Framingham Line:

Mid-Day trains on the Worcester/Framingham Line may be delayed a maximum of (10) minutes on Thursday, August 10, 2006. These delays may occur because of the scheduled delivery of rail along the line in preparation for the installation of replacement rail on the line starting Sunday, August 13, 2006 and continuing through Wednesday,August 16, 2006.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experience as a result of this activity.
  by 130MM

CSX Conductor, can you answer me a question? In light of all the rumors about CSX selling the track to the MBTA or the state why would they be installing new CWR in track they are about to sell?

Of course, from our point of view if we are to get the track, put all the rail in you want to!

DAW

by roadster

CSX schedules these project a year in advance so the work will generally continue. CSX will still run trains on this segment so keeping it in good shape will benefit them regardless. This situation sounds very simular to CSX's south Florida main between West Palm and Miami which CSX sold to the State of Florida for their tri-rail operations. But CSX still operates numerous locals and 6 road frieghts a day.

by CSX Conductor

Roadster is right, it's planned way in advance. The mobile rail team will be in town Sunday to start work. As of today the foreman in charge of dropping the rail said they were 4 days behind and since a machine broke yesterday and they didn't get it repaired until today @ 1500 hours, it will be called for an 0800 hours tomorrow @ Beacon Park dropping rail at MP 10.8 (just east of CP-11 at the Riverside switch), then to CP-22 for two drops and westward as far as MP QB 59.

As for the sale, I believe this rumor more than others heard in the past because Tony Ingram was in town touring last Monday or Tuesday and someone from Jax was hi-railing with a track foreman the Thursday & Friday before on the New Bedford, Fall River, Middleboro, Framingham, and Fitchburg Secondaries. :( Basically they want to sell everything east of Worcester including the entire "Cranberry Division". Do they realize how much revenue the Cranberry brings in?!?!?