• "Transit All Stars"

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by RDG-LNE

I purchased my Transpass this morning at Suburban Station on my way home from work. Along with my reciept and pass, the agent also handed me a a pack of what looks like baseball cards. Anyone else get a apck of these and what are these? I can only think of a handful of Septa employees I would consider "all stars"

Drew

by PARailWiz

For those of you who haven't seen today's Inquirer:
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news ... 147582.htm

Personally, I think they'd to better with cards about the vehicles. "I'll trade you Silverliner II #9001 for #269..."

by whovian

The whole campaign proves how financially mismanaged SEPTA really is. What's the point of it anyway. You want to advertise? Make the service better! It's that simple. Stop telling passengers, "seek alternate means" when things hit the fan, incorporate a fare structure that makes sense, and stop throwing money down a bottomless pit for absolute nonsense. I could got on and on. Instead of spending money to find reasons NOT to expand the RRD with 'environmental impact studies', try investing in rail service to communities that benefit from it. The Schuykill Valley Metro pays for itself in the long run, as does West Chester and Quakertown service. Listen to 'Transit on the 2's' during am and pm rush, I think that proves to be an excellent EIS, and SEPTA doesn't have to pay through the ear for that. I'd love to see the EIS for the Market El project down in West Philadelphia. I wonder how much that cost, and how accurate their assessment was? I'm sure the community did not bargain for the nonsense they are enduring now, and for the last several years.

by Matthew Mitchell

whovian wrote:I'd love to see the EIS for the Market El project down in West Philadelphia. I wonder how much that cost, and how accurate their assessment was?
There wasn't one. That was a repair/replacement project, not a new line. An environmental impact statement was not necessary, nor was a transportation investment study (formerly referred to as a major investment study)

by RDG-LNE

PARailWiz wrote: Personally, I think they'd to better with cards about the vehicles. "I'll trade you Silverliner II #9001 for #269..."
Personally, I'd trade #269 for a pic of the ALP-44, but that's just me. My first thought was "How much money got wasted on this idea?" when I really looked over the cards (I haven't opened the pack, wonder how much I could get for them on eBay?). Personally, I take the BSS more than any line since I live in S Philly.

Drew

by jfrey40535

Its not the worst idea in the world, and certainly not SEPTA's worst either. Law enforcement agencies do it too. I really do get a kick out of R.D. Murray "This is a eatin town....". If I ever see him, not that I know him, I will have to needle him about it. Like "Hey RD!" = )

Equipment cards would be really cool, and would sell too. I'd love to see a all time SEPTA equipment card set, FL-9's, PCC's, RDC's, Blues, M3's, Liberty Liners, etc......

I have noticed the quality of stuff at the "Museum Store" going downhill. What's going on there?