Railroad Forums 

• "The Station Agent"

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#24598  by ericware

What train line was the Station Agent filmed on or was it NJ Transit at all. I saw some Comet IIIs.

#24600  by rcbsd45

I know that the station used is at Newfoundland, NJ(Hardyston, Twp), on the NYS&W Southern Division main line. As for the NJT footage, i believe it was on the Hoboken Division, but I'm not sue where exactly... maybe someone else out there could fill in the details....

#24683  by njt4172

The Newfoundland station is actually located in the Township of Jefferson (Morris County) The railroad shop scenes were taken in Rockaway Boro...And yes most NJT shots were in Hoboken, NJ. There is also some Morristown & Erie footage in Rockaway, NJ on the D&R branch.

The DVD will be out June 15th. Be careful cause there will be 2 versions....The version with the 5 deleted scenes and the commentary will be 19.99 if you buy from Amazon.com

Steve

#24694  by Ken W2KB

Amazon appears to have one one DVD version, for $20.99. Any idea if this is the expanded one? It is only listed as widescreen and dolby. Nothing about added scenes or commentary,
'
thanks

#24847  by nick11a

Just out of curiosity. Is there a lot of NJT/M&E footage? Do you think this is worth getting? I understand it is a great movie but I just want to know how much NJT/M&E footage is in it.

#24936  by njt4172

Nick,

In my opinion it is worth seeing and buying!!! Well, I am a big movie buff so that is just me, but I'd say there are at least 3 different scenes of NJT trains, 2 GOOD scenes of NYSW freight, and 1 of M&E on the D&R branch... There might be some trains on the deleted scenes so I don't know how many more... I do know that at least 20 minutes of the movie is filmed in Newfoundland along the tracks and at the station.

Hope that helps!!

Steve

#24982  by Ken W2KB

Thanks for the info. I did see it in the theater, and do want to get the DVD with the deleted scenes.

#25002  by njt4172

Welcome! :D

#26707  by njt4172

Just bought this movie! I will be watching the deleted scenes tonight. I will also comment on them tomorrow. Hopefully most people in this railroad forum with either buy the DVD or at least rent it... It is a very realistic movie in real life settings!

Steve

#27787  by ericware

i finally went and rented it. IT was a WOW movie, one of the best I have seen in sometime. I enjoyed the seens of Hoboken and of the trains. It was just a really good movie. It is so hard to find those types anymore.

#27788  by nick11a

I'll definitely try to go out and get it sometime soon. Thanks for all the info and reviews. Sound real good.

#27804  by Ken W2KB

Got it at Walmart the other day. $19 something.