• "Patriot Corridor"

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by gprimr1

This is big, I wonder if those Pan Am engines can handle 50 or 60 mph running?

I wonder how much work they are going to do in the mountains, maybe some double tracking to increase capacity in district 4.

This would be a great opportunity to restore/increase capacity on the Conn River branch, since it feeds right into deer field yard.

by GRSGuy

I really doubt they'll move freight any faster than 40. I don't believe the B&M ever went much faster than that. Perhaps someone more familiar with former B&M operations can shed some more light on this.

by MEC407

40 is nothing to sneeze at, and it's a hell of an improvement over 25 or 10. Even 25 isn't really that bad, assuming that you don't leave cars sitting in yards for days at a time...

by CN9634

Maybe this will have a renewed live for Rigby, being is it will be Pan Am owned an Ayer will be Pan Am Southern owned. I would LOVE to see NS power running into Portland. Maybeeee we'll seeeeee. Theres still a lot that has to happen being as the article mentioned that the improvements will happen over the next 3 years. I dont know if we'll see immediate changes.

by Cowford

Eastern limit is CPF 312
I don't know where the hell that is... I'll assume it's Ayer.
Springfield Terminal will still be operating freight service in the PanAm Southern area's. Western Dict.3 and all of 4.
If true, I don't completely get it. What it appears: A new joint venture entity, separate and distinct from PAR. But ST will provide "all services." So.... ST employees will run operations for PAS. Rolling stock (locomotives and cars) will be provided by....? Will PAS be considered a linehaul carrier or subject to junction line settlements? Car-hire will be in the account of? and managed by?

by MEC407

roberttosh wrote:The bottom line is that a bunch of know nothings ridiculed to no end people who were bringing what turned out to be legit info to this forum.
There was no ridiculing. You were asked to cite a source, and you couldn't, so your claims were taken with a grain of salt.

I'm sorry if that offended you. It's nothing personal. As has been said before, you can't expect people to automatically believe something if they had heard it over and over again for the past decade and it had always turned out to be false.
roberttosh wrote:I for one will never again offer up even the slightest bit of info after this fiasco.
If you don't want to share anymore information with us, that's fine. We would have found out about the NS thing eventually, regardless.
NV290 wrote: Some of you still really need to learn to LISTEN and not be so quick to pass judgement.
Agreed. But in this case, I don't think anyone here was passing judgment, and I'm pretty certain we were all listening.

I believe it was "mick" who said that coming up with rumors is a favorite pastime of many railroaders. With that in mind, you cannot blame people for being skeptical when stories like this come up. I even know of a few railroaders who were skeptical and thought it was just another story created to get people agitated.

Regardless of all that, I hope this new partnership -- assuming it is approved by the STB -- will be beneficial to both companies, and I especially hope that it will be beneficial to the region. Now more than ever, New England needs better options for the reliable movement of freight.

by roberttosh

CN9634 wrote:Well I dont think this should be an Ego war and I really dont care to know if you were right or wrong on the matter. Its like the boy who cried wolf, after YEARS of hearing it no one believes it. It just so happens this one time it was true. No need to shove it in peoples faces, you were right good job. I got my own information that I dont know if I want to throw out because people would attack me. But anyways, Now lets talk about the exciting new developments!
Are you for real!!! So now I'm the "boy who cried wolf"??? I guess it's A-ok for people to ridicule me but then when it turns out I was right along, I'm not allowed to call them out on it?? I've started exactly two of what you refer to as "rumors" - Ford moving to Framingham and this partnership with the NS, both of which I knew were inevitable from day one. This has NOTHING to do with getting lucky and everything to do with being close to people in Senior management positions at roads like NS, CSXT and Pan Am; you know, the people who actually do the negotiating, not conductors out in Ayer.

by roberttosh

MEC407 wrote:
roberttosh wrote:The bottom line is that a bunch of know nothings ridiculed to no end people who were bringing what turned out to be legit info to this forum.
There was no ridiculing. You were asked to cite a source, and you couldn't, so your claims were taken with a grain of salt.
You have got to be $hitting me. You actually think I would list sources on this message board? If I wrote the names of those that leaked this info to me they would have been out of a job and I would have lost some friends. Time to wake up and smell the coffee!!

by CN9634

Ok so what do you want? Ego points?

+20 Ego points awarded to roberttosh.

Anyways, It says they created a New Railroad. This 50/50 partnership could be interesting. I mean, you got a big class one and a big regional with very different agendas. Perhaps we'll see "New" Power (Talking GEVO's ect). Perhaps we'll see new old power that has been sent from both Railroads. What we do know is that ST workers will be used.

by MEC407

roberttosh wrote:You actually think I would list sources on this message board? If I wrote the names of those that leaked this info to me they would have been out of a job and I would have lost some friends.
Exactly. So why post the info at all if you can't back it up?

If someone tells me something in confidence, I don't go and share it with other people... but that's just me.

by roberttosh

pablo wrote:^^^ +1 for Ian.

It's funny. These idiots have been saying the same thing in a variety of threads.

I wonder what the allure is to having NS take over all or part of Pan Am that enough people would lie about it over and over? Look how many dates have been lies on this thread alone?

Dave Becker
So would this qualify as being ridiculed??

by MEC407

roberttosh wrote:I've started exactly two of what you refer to as "rumors" - Ford moving to Framingham and this partnership with the NS
Looking back at page 1 of this thread, it was "PT1101" who started it, not you.

Just giving credit where credit is due. :wink:

by GRSGuy

roberttosh wrote: Are you for real!!! So now I'm the "boy who cried wolf"??? I guess it's A-ok for people to ridicule me but then when it turns out I was right along, I'm not allowed to call them out on it??
It was said that it was LIKE the boy who cried wolf. As in, similar rumors had surfaced before, and nothing actually happened. And show us all where you were ridiculed. Anywhere. Maybe asked to cite a source, or back up your claim with fact, but never ridiculed. We can certainly understand why you wouldn't name names, but you must comprehend why we all wouldn't necessarily believe you right off given the nature of previous stories. Stop behaving like a spoiled child.
Last edited by GRSGuy on Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by roberttosh

MEC407 wrote:
roberttosh wrote:You actually think I would list sources on this message board? If I wrote the names of those that leaked this info to me they would have been out of a job and I would have lost some friends.
Exactly. So why post the info at all if you can't back it up?

If someone tells me something in confidence, I don't go and share it with other people... but that's just me.
Maybe you should speak for yourself?? I would gather that there are more than a few folks that read this board who would be happy to get rock solid inside info even if I wasn't going to give names.

by roberttosh

MEC407 wrote:
roberttosh wrote:I've started exactly two of what you refer to as "rumors" - Ford moving to Framingham and this partnership with the NS
Looking back at page 1 of this thread, it was "PT1101" who started it, not you.

Just giving credit where credit is due. :wink:
It was started long before this thread.