• "Guilford Xpress" is now "Pan Am Clipper"

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

New issue of the company newsletter, with a new name...

http://www.panamrailways.com/xpress/2006Q1.pdf

by rb

Wow! A 60s railroad and a 70s airline!

by shadyjay

Funny - Until last fall, I would drive by PermaTreat there in Durham CT several times a week, and lived 1/2 mile down the road or so. And until very recently, I didn't know they were a Guilford (cough) Pan Am company.

The newsletter this quarter I found interesting... a lot of talk about rail this quarter - under GuilfordXpress, it was more air talk.

-Jay H.

by MEC407

shadyjay wrote:under GuilfordXpress, it was more air talk.
Hot air talk at that. :wink:
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

by johnpbarlow

I think the production quality of the new "Pan Am Clipper" magazine is superior to that of its predecessor but don't such magazines usually feature crossword puzzles and in-flight entertainment guide?

:-D

by Cowford

Most inflight rags feature stories about exotic destinations they serve... taking a cue from United, how about a "three perfect days" section for the next issue? Hmmm. First installment: "Three Perfect Days: Lincoln, Maine."

And think of it: the section could also refer to the amount of time the customers' cars sit on a siding waiting to be switched out! :-D
  by SPACEMONKEY

wow thats the first time i have ever read about vandals in the guilford xpress/clipper or whatever u call it.

by eotd

jeez.... hard to not sneer at this one.

if you read the Northpoint article, one big hilarious self pat-on-the-back for what's essentially a big cash grab, you'll notice the congradulatory line:
"In what was once a busy freight yard....."

oh yeah, of course. freight. remember that stuff? that's what we occasionally consider with when we're not using our new flight simulator for Pan Am (the "airline" of course).