• "Attleboro Branch RR" electrification?

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by salminkarkku

I know that this used to be a steam road from Attleboro MA on the "Boston & Providence" to a dead-end terminal at North Attleboro, and understand that the "Old Colony" leased it and continued it northwards as the "Wrentham Branch".

Then the NH built a link from North Attleboro to Valley Falls RI, and the original branch was electrified as a trolley line.

Can anyone tell me which trolley subsidiary of the NH ran it? Was it the "Interstate Consolidated"?

The reason I ask is that an electric railway nut I know thinks there may have been two NH trolley lines between Attleboro and North Attleboro, this being one of them, but I'm sure he's wrong.

by Leo Sullivan

There was also a street line, the Attleboro North Attleboro & Wrentham St. Ry. It was later consolidated with the Interstate St. Ry. under the control of the New England Investment and Security Company which was the New Haven RR subsidiary which also owned the Attleboro Branch RR. and so much more. Both routes lasted into the 20s and suffered the usual fate.
I dont think the Attleboro Branch RR even reverted to steam freight.
LS