• Questions about Weekly Passes

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by AznSumtinSumtin

Will I, a 14 year old kid that sounds and looks like 12 year old, be able to buy a Weekly Combo Pass?

Does Sullivan Station sell Charlie Ticket Weekly Passes or the old type?

Is it worth the trouble to go down to Braintree from Malden just to buy a Weekly Combo Plus Pass?

Is blurple a real color?

by Reddy Rocker

AznSumtinSumtin wrote:Will I, a 14 year old kid that sounds and looks like 12 year old, be able to buy a Weekly Combo Pass?
I think you will be able to, but why not a student pass?
AznSumtinSumtin also wrote:Does Sullivan Station sell Charlie Ticket Weekly Passes or the old type?
I believe Sullivan sells the old type. I don't know exactly as I got mine for the week of Jan. 23 at Wonderland.
AznSumtinSumtin also wrote:Is it worth the trouble to go down to Braintree from Malden just to buy a Weekly Combo Plus Pass?
Depends on whether you go to Braintree (or Quincy Adams) regularly.
AznSumtinSumtin also wrote:Is blurple a real color?
LOL, no, but it sure is funny.

by AznSumtinSumtin

Reddy Rocker wrote:I think you will be able to, but why not a student pass?
I don't qualify for a student pass, and student passes aren't valid during vacations.
Reddy Rocker also wrote:Depends on whether you go to Braintree (or Quincy Adams) regularly.
I don't, but I plan to spend much of my February vacation traveling from Lynn to Boston, and vise versa.

Speaking of Weekly Combo Plus Passes, why are they only sold on weekdays?

by Reddy Rocker

Alright, then a weekly combo pass is sufficient, unless you plan on taking buses (just by mentioning this, I may cause this discussion to be moved to the Bus Thread, oh well...) from Haymarket or Downtown Crossing to places in the North Shore further then the Saugus/Lynn line, in which case you'll have to pay the difference in fares. since you're not going to Braintree regularly, the weekly C+ isn't that good an idea as it's only a 30 cent difference when it comes to bus fares.

by AznSumtinSumtin

Here are some more questions that just popped into my mind. Will I be able to buy next week's weekly pass at Wonderland tomorrow?

by AznSumtinSumtin

Just one more question. I promise. Knowing that a Combo Plus Weekly pass is programmed onto a Charlie Ticket. Do the turnstyles at the unconverted stations accept a Weekly Combo Charlie Ticket? Or do I need to wave the pass at the token selling lady man person in the box fare collecter thingy majig? And what do you call the person who sells the tokens?

by octr202

AznSumtinSumtin wrote:Just one more question. I promise. Knowing that a Combo Plus Weekly pass is programmed onto a Charlie Ticket. Do the turnstyles at the unconverted stations accept a Weekly Combo Charlie Ticket? Or do I need to wave the pass at the token selling lady man person in the box fare collecter thingy majig? And what do you call the person who sells the tokens?
The people in the booths are called collectors.

The weekly Charlie Ticket passes will NOT work at old unconverted stations, nor on old fareboxes (currently all but Washington Silver Line), so you need to show it to the drivers or collectors.

The monthly Charlie Ticket passes (including the ones purchased at new TVMs) work in all turnstyles and fareboxes.

by octr202

Whoops...sorry for answering the question twice there...we're just all rushing to be helpful around here... :wink:

by 7 Train

octr202 wrote: The people in the booths are called collectors.
It seems that MBTA is the only major city to call them "collectors". NYC calls them station agents and Chicago has customer service agents.

by octr202

7 Train wrote:
octr202 wrote: The people in the booths are called collectors.
It seems that MBTA is the only major city to call them "collectors". NYC calls them station agents and Chicago has customer service agents.
The T is trying to transition to "Customer Service Agents" as the stations get coverted and they remove the old token bunkers.