• Question about the Ottawa Valley Railink and CP Rail

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by fglk

Dose the Ottawa Valley Railink own or lease the line from Smiths Falls, Ontario to North Bay, Ontario, Canada?? I ofton wondered this after seeing an OVR train runing the line a few times while on vaction in the area.
  by stuart_iowa

last time i was home it was leased line , mixed power but i hear it is more of their power
stuart formerly of renfrew

by fglk

Thanks for the report.

by Montreal Ltd

The line is leased by CP to OVR. OVR operates CP's through trains from Smiths' Falls to Sudbury/Cartier on contract.

by fglk

ah vary intresting thank you. I wondered who had been runing the line. I got lost on occation trying to figure this out. I remeber seeing OVR engions runing the line then one year. Then the next CP Rail and SOO engions were all over the place then CP Rail Cabooses then after seeing MOW equipment parked on sideings made me want to know who was runing the line.