• Previous Pan Ams

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Steve Duncan

If I remember correctly, Guilford painted a locomotive and a boxcar in pan am colors in 1999 or 2000. Am I right?

by b&m 1566

If they did at the time it certainly isn't around anymore. I haven't seen any engines painted in the new Pan Am for myself nor are there any pictures of it that I have seen. They may have had a box car or two but not an engine. Nobody on here as ever mentioned it. I would give it another year or two before we start to see some locomotives with the new Pan Am colors. I know the Pan Am's business cars have the new Pan Am loco on them but are still in the gray and orange paint scheme.

by Guilford Guy

you may have seen GRS locos aquired from D&E I dunno

by paulrail

Guilford did at least one, and maybe more, boxcars in white with blue lettering and the Pan Am logo back about 4 to 5 years ago. I believe there was a picture on the NERAIL Photo Archives.

Paul

by Rockingham Racer

There were quite a few Pan Am boxcars in Waterville yard last week.

by MEC407

They have never painted a Pan Am locomotive.

They did paint at least one, possibly more, Pan Am boxcars in the late '90s shortly after they acquired the Pan Am name.

by murray83

few months ago i noticed one of the first pan am box cars yer speaking of, mostly faded paint and rusty with lots of graffitti came into new brunswick on the nbsr in a line of older mec cars.

also if i remember right a firm in maine produced ho scale decals for these cars name escapes me rite now years back

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20051 ... 213920.jpg

thats a photo of what i'm talking about seems the only car photographed was 29169 possibly only 1 was ever painted into this sceme?

as for locomotives none were ever painted far as i know