• Posters from the "old site" roll call

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Smtimko

I was on the old thread and still alive and kicking..

S M Timko
  by Jim Fitzgerald

Yup, still here after all these years. I'm not a rail, was a flyboy, but a real fan of NYC where my dad worked as an REA messenger and driver.

by Otto Vondrak

Hey Larry- the Mystery Photo in the last issue was the EASIEST one yet!!

-mp371-
  by rlsteam

I was an occasional visitor and poster as well, though not up to the level of expertise of the regular denizens of this group.

by Ed Byrnes

Still here and checking the forums when time allows.
  by onder

Im not sure which old board, it crashed more than once!
I miss the somewhat freewheeling old days...lot more bs
but then that bothered some as it amused others.
It would have been nice if the posts were backed up , if
not by the webmassa then by one of us. It would have
been well worth it I think.
NYC? Man, time is passing. I was just thinking today
how long the Amtrak GE units had been around and
got to wondering about the 5200s. In the eastern
zone, 1927 to 1952 would be about the time frame and
what sort of life span did the FL9's and F40s have?
Just shows how any particular era seem to last
forever but in reality it is fleeting.

Pretty long winded....Ill rest up and post again in a
year or so! :-)

by tocfan

Present and accounted for from Bartlett, Tn. Roots are along the T&OC in the Sunday Creek Valley. I was happy to meet some of you at the NYCSHS convention. My son and I brought the pair of lightning stripe SD80Mac's to the model display and he was the one who got the book for being the youngest member present at the business meeting.

Mike Fleming

by chnaus

Have lived thru two crashes (here), but, since the last one, this site seems to have lost the spark it had. I thought I was doing rr history a favor by posting many items, filed away for years in my head, before I plain forgot them. Now I wish I had just wrote them down. I check in about once a week. I have noticed some familiar names on other forum sites.
  by UpNorthBob

I was also on the two previous NYC boards. I look forward to the time when we have enough post again to put the NYC board back on the front page "favorites" list. I think that having to scroll through all of the sites to get to the NYC keeps me from checking as much as I did previously. I know that we Michigan Central boys have not been too active lately, and I'm as guilty as anyone. Bob Bellairs from abandoned Pere Marquette territory in Charlevoix, MI.

by steve levine

I pop in on occasion.