Railroad Forums 

• Edgemoor, DE yard flood prone?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #966529  by bluedash2

Driving over the 12th St bridge on my way to work Monday, I noticed the entire yard was cleared out and vehicles parked at the entrance to the industrial area entrance that the yard is in. Driving along 495, I saw even loaded Autoracks were sitting along the hwy plus I got pics of 5308,3029 (on the way home) parked up the ways a bit near the old tower with a good size train of mixed freight. I guess this was "Irene" preparation but does this yard flood out? Thanks.
 #966565  by rob216

To make it simple, Yes it Does. The yard is only like 5 feet or so above the creek that runs through the one end of the yard, and also the whole area around it is a swamp.
 #966858  by bluedash2

Thanks. All that brush and trees that are around the yard as seen from 495 makes it a little hard to see sometimes, especially when whizzing by on the highway (lol).
 #966860  by bluedash2

BTW, it's nice to see they still get both types of covered hoppers regularly that are still in full ATSF and BN paint and markings. Get to see a lot when they store them along 495. Saw a round side Santa Fe one today.