Railroad Forums 

• Harrisburg Division

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #131906  by No1Conrailfan

Greetings to everyone. I am working on some research information for a futuer book. I am looking for information on the Harrisburg/ Philadelphia line. I believe that it started near Phoenixville just west of Black Rock Tunnel, & went to MP 107 at the fuel pad in Harrisburg. I am not sure if this was the Philadelphia Division of the Harrisburg division. NS has recreated the Harrisburg Division thus what I am basing my research on is Philadelphia to Harrsiburg & Allentown to Harrisburg. I live in the Reading area so I am mostly familur with that area but any information that anyone can provide will greatly be apprciated. Thank you so much for your help. Phil Banks

#132992  by Schuylkill Valley

Hi all,
I live in the Pottstown area. The Harrisburg Division started and end at MP.29 That`s right before you go over the Schuylkill River and through the tunnel.
Phill, If you would like, I be glad to give you a tour of the line between Cromby and Reading. I know of a lot of history between thoses two towns.

Have fun,
Leonard.
 #944120  by anti-hammie

SEPTAR3kid wrote:I know this is a really old thread but I didn't want to start a new one for my question...does anyone know the speed limits on the harrisburg line between CP Norris and CP Falls? Thanks in advance.
30 mph Falls to Rock then 40 mph Rock to Norris